Spanish influence

Mouse

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knew of any good video's on utube etc that have a spanish influence? I'm not usually much of a fusion enthusiast, but I've been listening to a lot of Alabina lately and its got me wondering...

Mouse

thanks Moon! I must have missed it in the other thread. Sadly I think that clip has put me off the idea :eek:

miss_shimmy

Fcbd

do you have carolena's dvd ?she fuses realy nice.and BDSS''live at the folies''they have a fusion on that-its amazing!!dont let one clip put you off!

Ariella

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone knew of any good video's on utube etc that have a spanish influence? I'm not usually much of a fusion enthusiast, but I've been listening to a lot of Alabina lately and its got me wondering...
I just discovered alabina myself! It's so great!

nicknack

I don't know if it's the kind of thing you were thinking of, but I really like this piece by Didem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marisha

I have also read very good reviews of Altagracia's Spanish fusion but I have not seen her dance in person. Here is her web site caribbeanrose.com - perhaps it may be helpfil.
Marisha

Kiraze

I don't know if it's the kind of thing you were thinking of, but I really like this piece by Didem.
Was this the correct clip as I cannot see any Spanish in this? Of course this Arabic classic music used in this dance has some Spanish influence in its melody but Didem´s dance does not :confused: ... anyway, this piece is quite interesting example of when some fusion music really turns into genuine Egyptian and dance itself does not demand any Spanish influences (unlike Alabina, Spanish Hakim and especially Juan Peña Lebrijano who IMO has made the best Flamenco Arabe music ever - his "Encuentros" is fantastic)

nicknack

Some of the turns resemble those I've seen in regional dances (but I guess you can say the main influences were the music & that skirt). Althought I'd be hard pressed to find any video of them seeing as all I've been able to find video of is Flamenco & Bolero.