Stupid belly dance accessories

Shanazel

Super Moderator
You raise some valid points in its favor, but I still regard the stuff as the polyester doubleknit of belly dance costuming.;)

Farasha Hanem

oO;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

*hides her recently purchased glitterdot fabric in embarrassment*

oO;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

:redface:

Shanazel

Super Moderator
Oh, lord, Farasha, there I go again, embarassing people without intending to do so. I'm sorry. I confess, I am a fabric snob and there just doesn't seem much I can do about it. Consider the source and wear your glitter dot in perfect happiness and good health- there are probably far more people who agree with you than me.

Farasha Hanem

I bought some glitterdot for $1 a yard, but it's quite gorgeous. It's a deep shade of wine, and the dots are on a velvety fabric. At first, I debated about getting it (lunch money for tomorrow, or pretty fabric for a skirt tonight? :D ), but I'm glad I did, because the very next day, an older lady bought the whole bolt. It was a huge bolt, too, and we're not going to get any more in. :(

I've got some silver glitterdot fabric, too...:redface:

Phoebedances

I bought some glitterdot for $1 a yard, but it's quite gorgeous. It's a deep shade of wine, and the dots are on a velvety fabric. At first, I debated about getting it (lunch money for tomorrow, or pretty fabric for a skirt tonight? :D ), but I'm glad I did, because the very next day, an older lady bought the whole bolt. It was a huge bolt, too, and we're not going to get any more in. :(

I've got some silver glitterdot fabric, too...:redface:

Sounds pretty, Farasha! I love wine and burgandy colors.

Shanazel

Super Moderator
I have long, straight, very fine hair- the idea of the tangles such a concoction would interweave with hair like mine is enough to give me nightmares.

jenc

Whack her in the face. she'd have to dance solo on a large stage for fear of being sued for injury by fellow dancers and audience

Aniseteph

It's one of those curtains for keeping flies out of the kitchen in summer! With enough left for a matching fringe-y belt :yay: :lol:

Shanazel

Super Moderator
Or one of those bead curtains that were unbiquitous in apartments in the late 1960s and early 1970s...