Swarovski

Suzanne Azhaar

Heard from a credible source Swarovski will no longer be selling to small artisans. One must have a wholesale license and sign a contract not include their stones in kits.

My perception of quality costuming elements were how many and what size Swarovski stones were used. Wondering what will happen now?

Only dancers who can afford Bella costumes will be wearing Swarovski?

Not impressed. There has to be a plan B for costumes.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
That's just typical big company stupidity. Great opportunity for another company to swoop in and steal their business. Swarovski has the name, but they're hardly the only mfg of AB type "stones".

Suzanne Azhaar

Agreed. Find it very offensive they've done this. And it looks like I would have to "apply" to purchase stones large enough for use on costuming, and swear I'm not reselling them. (Does reselling a costume fall under that?)

Last edited:

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
There is, or was, a high end scarf maker called Hermes. They managed to get eBay to prohibit sales of used Hermes scarves "in order to protect the consumer from fraud". Bullshit. They didn't want the competition from used product. This was almost 20 years ago, I don't know how things stand now.

Suzanne Azhaar

There is, or was, a high end scarf maker called Hermes. They managed to get eBay to prohibit sales of used Hermes scarves "in order to protect the consumer from fraud". Bullshit. They didn't want the competition from used product. This was almost 20 years ago, I don't know how things stand now.
Looked a their site; for $650 (one scarf) I'd rather pay for grandchildren's Christmas. And yet, that's what some dance costumes cost. So I guess it's priority of importance where the money goes. Once this shakes out at Swarovski, the powers that be will notice their bottom line isn't what it used to be, and things will change.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Looked a their site; for $650 (one scarf) I'd rather pay for grandchildren's Christmas. And yet, that's what some dance costumes cost. So I guess it's priority of importance where the money goes. Once this shakes out at Swarovski, the powers that be will notice their bottom line isn't what it used to be, and things will change.
You would think - but upper management at many companies are brain dead. Worse, when they get "religion" of one sort or another, they just don't care. Windows 8 was a great example of a company promoting a "religion". I used to work for such an outfit, they religioned themselves into the poorhouse and only a stock holder's intervention "somewhat" saved it from complete bankruptcy. Still, it was too little too late and the company had to be sold a few years later.

Suzanne Azhaar

You would think - but upper management at many companies are brain dead. Worse, when they get "religion" of one sort or another, they just don't care. Windows 8 was a great example of a company promoting a "religion". I used to work for such an outfit, they religioned themselves into the poorhouse and only a stock holder's intervention "somewhat" saved it from complete bankruptcy. Still, it was too little too late and the company had to be sold a few years later.
Perhaps the company being sold and new owners reinvesting in their customers /costumers will be a good thing.

Greek Bonfire

Hermes is a very snobby company. They probably wouldn't even like the "common people" buying their products.

Shanazel

Hermes is a very snobby company. They probably wouldn't even like the "common people" buying their products.

Well, they don't have to concern themselves with me bringing down the tone of their company by buying their product. Why on earth would one spend $650 on a scarf? Unless, of course, the scarf came with a roundtrip ticket to some place with a beach plus two nights lodging.

Shanazel

THis is the reply I got today from Swarovski:

Thank you for expressing interest in Swarovski’s Crystal Components!

At this time, we are not opening new accounts. For that reason, we would like to share the contact information of our Swarovski Suppliers located across the U.S and Canada, who have full access to our entire product portafilio. They will provide details on how to purchase our crystals through them.

See list attached

Best Regards,
Swarovski B2B Team – Americas

Attachments

• Suppliers of Swarovski crystals (002).pdf
    48.8 KB · Views: 3

Ariadne

Ah. I have always bought mine through Fire Mountain Gem and Beads in the past. But my s-i-l had a business I went through. I don't know if they sell direct.

Greek Bonfire

THis is the reply I got today from Swarovski:

Thank you for expressing interest in Swarovski’s Crystal Components!

At this time, we are not opening new accounts. For that reason, we would like to share the contact information of our Swarovski Suppliers located across the U.S and Canada, who have full access to our entire product portafilio. They will provide details on how to purchase our crystals through them.

See list attached

Best Regards,
Swarovski B2B Team – Americas

Too much trouble! There must be other crystal vendors that make it easier to purchase from!

Suzanne Azhaar

Been to the Bead factory in L.A. Fashion district. Never left that place without two large bags of rhinestones and a much lighter pocketbook. Cuz- sparkly. They do have quite a collection of Swarovski stones available and one could probably order them online. Going on a 'use what I have' binge. And if I don't have it, change the design and use what I have. These days, impediments to home entertainment will lose someone a customer (me).