Taht Il Shibbak

Nafiseh

Another request for a classic translation, specifically the 'talky' bit at the beginning (I'm using the Fatme Sehran version off The Queen of Balady 5min 58)

I've looked at the translation on Shira's site but it doesn't have the beginning.

Thanks!

Salome

Administrator
I know those lyrics are on the forum. I think Aisha posted them. They are not in the lyrics forum though. Try using the search function and I bet you'll come up with it.

cathy

Thanks Moon. I like this song. But did you notice some of the translations made little or no sense? I wonder whether it is over literal, or from one of those computer translators? Or it was transliterated wrong in some places? Like these lines:

It appeared the guy was bisexual.
He does not know a cover or a road.
Your cheeks are apples; let me taste them, oh macho one. Slaughtering apples. Go away, oh macho one.
Oh sweet one, wearing the dress, I want to repent on your hands.
A day and I am a surgeon.
I say, a deer from the rural area, with light blood (lighthearted), is forbidden.
The love from her eyes. Forget about the one that walks like a bear (obese), oh my eyes.

Cathy

Nafiseh

Moon

Thank you for posting that, but I had already seen Shira's translation, and yes Cathy I agree it does seem somewhat overly literal.

Salome

I did a search and found a thread where Aisha posted an explaination of what the song was about, but no translation sadly :(

Yshka

Hi,

ik had Shra's translation corrected by an Arabic friend, or at least made more nderstandable. I will try and find it in my papers tomorrow and post here if I can.
I also have one in German given to me by Rita Sherif. Both don't have the intro like on the Queen of Baladi album though.

Moon

I did not dare to say it yet, but I often still have a hard time understanding Arabic songs even when I see the translation :redface:

Adel on tribe.net wrote:
Imagine that the singer just saw her lover pass by the house and not even aknowlege her by looking and saying hello. Infact she is aware he is player, she is now by herself as she talks to herself, the night and perhaps inderectly speaking to her lover.

Ya leili ......ya leili..... ya eini..... ya eini
oh night....oh night---oh my eyes---oh my eye
english: oh dear night

sahibto...... ..........................sahib..... ya nass..... we..... la-ait sahib ....wa sahib
y'all made friends with a........friend......you people...and ---found a friend...and afriend

wa........... sahib itnain........... ya zaman...... ma yestogshi....... ma3 sahib
and .....a friend of two..........oh time------------is not truthful.........with a friend
E: (speaking and complaining to the personified time)
and "oh these days" when you have two friends, you cannot be honest with either

ahl ezaman ..................we hawa ezaman......... wara .............sahib
owners of the time------and the wind of the time----are behind----a friend
E:These days, people and passion are predators (are after) upon [innocent] people

amanta....... ya sahibi (2x) ,........ min 3eshrity............. shebaht......... wintahait
and you-----oh my friend---------from our hanging out-----you're satiated....and it's over
E: and you who call yourself my friend, you had your way with me, you're done with me and now it's over.

ma oltellesh..... le......... Kont........... adawarli......... 3ala sahib
why tell me.....not........i would have,,,,I find for me ---for a friend
E: why didnt you tell me, I would have tried to find someone else

taht.... esheback....... we...... lamahtak..................... yagada3
under---the window------and -----I caught sight of you..... champ
[as you passed by and didnt even look up]

ba3daha........ wayak? ........... mat olli......... ya gada3
after that--------with you?-----------tell me.......champ
E: what's up with you....... why dont you tell me champ?

Iza......... 3adait................osad........ il bait (2x)
If----------you passed by....along side....the house
E: If you just to happened to pass by the house

Aboos...... reglaik,....... mat boos il foq....... we tepbte...... isho
I kiss........you feet.....just look up..............and begin......the passion
E: I beg you please, just look up and rekindle the flame

amanah ---------3alaik....., bos wet kalim,...... 3ala eini ya gada3
It's a faith-----in you.........look and speak.....upon my eyes buddy
E: I believe in you, just look me in the eye and talk to me.

ah...... ya salam........ salim....... 3ala 3eini...... ya gada3
oh-------ya salam------greet---------upon my eye---champ
E: Oh Goodness! Just say hello and look me in the eye champ

Khadak...... tifah,--------- dawa'ni-------- ya gada3
your cheeks..apple-------let me tastse--champ
E: your apple cheeks are so appealing that they make want to get to know you.

rimshak........... dabah...... hoosh 3ani ......ya gada3
you eye lash-----slaughers....protect from me--oh player
E: Your eyelash is (embellic of the quill of the porcupine that causes one to be weary) a killer, stay away you player

iza adait.....

Khabat................ 3al bab el ..........hawa........ ya gada3
You knocked ........on the door....of the wind...champ
E: You're the one who started the passion, champ

we....... reda................ elahbab...................el dawa........... ya dada3
and the..acceptance....of the loved ones....the medicine------oh champ
E: and now the loved ones who still aknoledge me is the cure [to the crap you're putting me through]

Iza adait..

ah ya eini ya leil................ ah ya gada3.......

There's a lot of cool imagery and expressions in this song that warants further explanation and I'll get to that as soon as I can!

Nafiseh

Thanks for posting that Moon. You are not the only one who doesn't always understand the English translation, like Brea said, so many things get lost! However it is nice to have an overall impression of what is being said - thanks again!

Moon

No problem Nafiseh, I was very curious myself too.
I wonder if that was the entire song though... should listen to it more.

Outi

There are some parts, or words which are translated wrong or the way I would not do it. But for overall translation it's ok.

gypsy8522

funny translation

"It appeared the guy was bisexual."

Hahaha! I don't know if he is a bisexual, but since he's standing under a girl's window, getting her attention... he might want to keep that quiet!

Who translated this? Thanks for the laugh anyway.

Tarik Sultan

"It appeared the guy was bisexual."

Hahaha! I don't know if he is a bisexual, but since he's standing under a girl's window, getting her attention... he might want to keep that quiet!

Who translated this? Thanks for the laugh anyway.
I'm relieved that I'm not the only one who found that part odd. It's likeit has nothing to do with the flow of the song in any way. So what's the deal? He's still got a chance for a date if she turns him down?

What does that part of the song really mean?

Moon

Hmm looks like the translation from tribe.net didn't cover that part.

Gypsy, can't you translate? :pray:

Aniseteph

:think: Has he been two-timing her? There's that bit with the "two friends" - maybe someone has confused having two girlfriends with being bisexual. So if you have three you are trisexual...

Your eyelash is (embellic of the quill of the porcupine that causes one to be weary) a killer, stay away you player
Love it! :lol:

gisela

Super Moderator
I'm going to start talking like this, yes I am! Stay away you player, oh macho one! oh night oh night, Aaah my eyes!

gypsy8522

I'm relieved that I'm not the only one who found that part odd. It's likeit has nothing to do with the flow of the song in any way. So what's the deal? He's still got a chance for a date if she turns him down?

What does that part of the song really mean?
I'm not quite sure what it's supposed to mean, but don't worry, I'll let you know soon as I find out, oh macho one!