The Pandemic has opened doors online for me- so I'm revisiting this former space.

Nalini Akal

I joined a very long time ago in all honesty I didn't have enough hours in the day to actively take part. The world is so different now and Online is such a big part of our lives now. How has the pandemic affected you?

Greek Bonfire

I definitely saw less people and haven't booked a gig since before then, which is really a drag for me, but otherwise I'm healthy and managed to get through the shut down last year because my dogs kept me company!

Shanazel

Welcome, Nalini.

Getting sick was a challenge, having my husband sick was terrible, being part of a first responder family where we all had high exposure was concerning, but the two or three months of total shut down, working from home, and avoiding society: some of the best months of my life.

Greek Bonfire

Welcome, Nalini.

Getting sick was a challenge, having my husband sick was terrible, being part of a first responder family where we all had high exposure was concerning, but the two or three months of total shut down, working from home, and avoiding society: some of the best months of my life.

I loved working from home. My dogs were so happy. Then these old fashioned employers decided we needed to be back here about a year ago, and that rankled because others got a pass to work from home.

Shanazel

I'm working from home today because of water damage to equipment that runs everything from computers to internet to phones. FT staff get a day off. PT staff don't get paid if we don't work. Freaking fine. I brought my research home and will do it while sitting in the garden.

Nalini Akal

I definitely saw less people and haven't booked a gig since before then, which is really a drag for me, but otherwise I'm healthy and managed to get through the shut down last year because my dogs kept me company!

Definitely my Doggie Jessie J definitely helped me too! sorry i took long to respond 0 i had some Covid emergencies with an elderly neighbour and a friend in Louisiana also passed. My country went from covid Free to #1 infected because of Brazillian variant ( one of the factors.) country also o.1% vaccinated also!

Nalini Akal

I'm working from home today because of water damage to equipment that runs everything from computers to internet to phones. FT staff get a day off. PT staff don't get paid if we don't work. Freaking fine. I brought my research home and will do it while sitting in the garden.

I like how you quickly adapt- working in a garden should be very relaxing!
sorry i took long to respond 0 i had some Covid emergencies with an elderly neighbour and a friend in Louisiana also passed. My country went from covid Free to #1 infected because of Brazillian variant ( one of the factors.) country also o.1% vaccinated also!
Also my sisters elderly inlaw also got sick because of her nurse- just one thing to the next. I agree with just being grateful for the small mercies that still shine through!

oftheblackseas

I joined a very long time ago in all honesty I didn't have enough hours in the day to actively take part. The world is so different now and Online is such a big part of our lives now. How has the pandemic affected you?
So so true! And this period of last year and a half shows us that we need to feed the soul!

Shanazel

I'm one of those oddball people who thrived on isolation and decreased necessity to go out and interact with the world. Both my husband and I had covid, which made December extra challenging, but adjusting to increased contact with people has been harder for us than the isolation.