Turkish Belly Dancer

Johnb007

Hi everyone.
I used to travel regularly on business to the Middle East and Turkey. I saw lots of Belly Dancers, especially in Turkey and Egypt. One really stood out as BRILLIANT. It was in around 1991 to 1993. I saw this dancer in a family type restaurant in the Golden Horn area of Istanbul. I spoke to her and she said she was putting herself through college. She spoke good English. And she was a FABULOUS dancer. Incredible. Can you tell I was impressed?? lol Anyway 6 months later I was back in Istanbul and I suggested we go to a restaurant to see her again. The reply was "No chance. Since we saw her she had become famous and had her own belly dancing TV show." I guess she would now be about 40 years old, as she was about 20 when I saw her in 1992.

So who is she? I do hope she was really successful as she deserved to be. Click on the images. I hope they come up bigger.

Oh and I also posted this on the Searching For section. Hopefully someone will recognise her.

Thanks
John

Amanda (was Aziyade)

Hopefully someone will be able to identify her, but off the top of my head, I can think of a few dancers who were on TV shows, but I'm not sure of the time periods: Zimre, Asena, and later Didem -- but I don't think this is Didem, and she really came to the scene much later than your time frame.

I know, not much help. :/

Salome

Administrator
I don't recognize her right off hand, sorry. But someone may come along who knows her face :0) Good luck