Upbeat songs needed, any ideas?

Amulya

Not yet sure if we're going to use life drummers (depends on the availability of them) or just music (I hope drummers!). I need some upbeat songs for a big festival for a mostly western (Australian) audience. I have heaps of songs, but just can't make a decision on which ones!

I'll be dancing cabaret style btw.

Darshiva

Have you approached Yeow from Bellyslap? He's based in Melbourne (although he is highly popular among dancers) Also you could try Nasser (Virginia's S/O).

I don't have the contact details on hand for either of them, but if you contact Toula or Maree from Desert Flowers they will be able to give you their contact deets.

Amulya

I already contacted them, not available. They gave me the email address of other drummers but haven't heard from them yet.... I don't have much time left, so it's just going to be regular music. A shame, because life music would be so good.

Song suggestions still welcome :)

Darshiva

Pretty much anything by Sherine or Tamr Hosny for upbeat & poppy works for me. For more classical I usually turn to George Wassouf.

Amulya

Those are just the ones I don't have! I used a really nice upbeat song from Gus Vali last week, but that was more for an audience that appreciates art, not just randon Aussies :p Such a shame the drummers are not available. But I might use 'canned' drum solo's, people always love them. Shame they exhaust me in 5 minutes haha. My boyfriend should learn to drum :p (but still working on his belly dancing instead haha)