Video of us dancing Khaleeji

Corylus

Hello all,

Just thought I'd share a video with you from a recent performance.

This is me (in green) my teacher Shona Hagan (in pink) and friend Chris Owen (in blue) dancing Khaleeji at the Wessex Arabic Dance Association (UK) show.

There is a cringe-worthy moment where I forgot a hair swish and end up just tossing my head awkwardly (in practice I was confident swishing my head round twice but when performing I only did it once :confused:) but other than that I was happy with my dancing and the audience really liked it :)

Hope you like it too; let me know your thoughts.

YouTube - khaleeji, shona hagan and the divaz

It was a really nice show to be a part of. It was called 'Desert Caravan' and it was a journey across the Middle East in dance so there were all sorts of dance styles.

Yame

Hello all,

Just thought I'd share a video with you from a recent performance.

This is me (in green) my teacher Shona Hagan (in pink) and friend Chris Owen (in blue) dancing Khaleeji at the Wessex Arabic Dance Association (UK) show.

There is a cringe-worthy moment where I forgot a hair swish and end up just tossing my head awkwardly (in practice I was confident swishing my head round twice but when performing I only did it once :confused:) but other than that I was happy with my dancing and the audience really liked it :)

Hope you like it too; let me know your thoughts.

YouTube - khaleeji, shona hagan and the divaz

It was a really nice show to be a part of. It was called 'Desert Caravan' and it was a journey across the Middle East in dance so there were all sorts of dance styles.

That was a nice performance. I LOVE Khaliji! Thank you for sharing, and well done!

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Lovely, and I didn't notice you're "cringe-worthy" moment LOL. I really enjoyed it:clap::clap: thank you.
~Mosaic

Corylus

Yame - thanks, glad you liked it. I love Khaleeji too :)

Mosaic - Thanks for your comment, I'm pleased that you enjoyed it! I really love that song and the audience was supportive so I really enjoyed doing it.

and as for not noticing my cringe moment, that's good! I just kept smiling anyway; what else can you do! :cool:

seona

Hi Corylus! It's (the other) Seona lol! Great to see you here! Fab fab fab - love it! Great to see it in all your costumes, you did great! All of you x :clap:

Pleasant dancer

Hi Corylus I saw the show live and really didn't notice your cringe-worthy bit at the time, and everyone in the audience loved the performance and the whole show, so stop worrying! :D :clap:

Corylus

Hi Seona! (other Seona :lol: ha ha)

Great to see you here too, thanks for your lovely comments, glad you liked it. It was nice to see you again on Saturday at the hafla, I really liked your dancing! I love Habibi Ya Eini. Hope to see you again soon.

Pleasant dancer: Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate it! Did you enjoy the whole show? I had to buy the DVD as participants couldn't watch, but I enjoyed the DVD! Ah I'm not worried, I can laugh at myself and not take it too seriously :D

Pleasant dancer

I enjoyed the whole show and was glad it all came together nicely, as I appreciate there were lots of problems with dancers having to step in at short notice etc, because of unavoidable difficulties. Loved Diane and Ellie's dancing also, so together and colourful! :) It was a lovely and very professional show this year.

seona

Hi Seona! (other Seona :lol: ha ha)

Great to see you here too, thanks for your lovely comments, glad you liked it. It was nice to see you again on Saturday at the hafla, I really liked your dancing! I love Habibi Ya Eini. Hope to see you again soon.

Small world Isn't it? he he! Thanks for your comments, Great to see you also, loved your stick dance, the whole eve was just fab! Shonas dance was mind blowingly good!

Jeanne

Lovely! Khaleeji has been kind of my "thing" lately too, as a friend and I have been working on a khaleeji piece that we hope to get some other dancers to join us in. It's great to see how other people's khaleeji performances.

Corylus

Thanks Jeanne! Best wishes to you and your friend for your khaleeji dance. I think it is such a happy style of dance, I can't help but smile when dancing khaleeji :D

Greek Bonfire

What cringe worthy moment? I really liked this video. I don't see Khaleegy very much and it was good to see a really delightful piece. You were wonderful!

Imeera

Really lovely dancing! Best Khaleeji I have seen yet =] Amazing costumes too, the green has to be my favioute.