Vote on our new look

Which look would you like for the forum?

• Total voters

Shanazel

I've been around almost since the beginning and am ready for a new look. Heck, I am in the process of rearranging everything in my house and studio- this fits right in for me.

Salome

Administrator
We could chip in with donations to get the custom look, couldn't we?

You bet. If enough people were willing to chip in then we could go straight to that. Maybe I will try to edit the poll and make that an option... tbc

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Because I've voted already I can't vote again:( I am happy to donate for a custom new look, roughly how much would a member need to donate, if it was a small one I'm sure lots of members would be happy to do so .... back me up people!:D

If 20 to 30 members donated $5 that would call in $100-&150 is that enough? If it fell short maybe a few would add a bit more.

I love the current look, and wonder if it can be added as an alternative just in case the new look isn't liked for whatever reason (the girls forum idea)
~Mosaic

Salome

Administrator
I mean that it is $500 over the amount of money I have allotted to upgrade the software to vb 4.2, and also pay to have it installed, pre made skin and have that installed etc.

It would have to be somewhere around 45 people donating 10 bucks each.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I mean that it is $500 over the amount of money I have allotted to upgrade the software to vb 4.2, and also pay to have it installed, pre made skin and have that installed etc.

It would have to be somewhere around 45 people donating 10 bucks each.
OK, that's OK by me, I don't mind paying $10 to $20, it is a once off and we get a whole lot of good from the forum ( it is home on the net for me:D), I understand that some folk couldn't pay much, but if a few pay a bit extra and 50 plus pay a minimum of $5 to 10 it could be done. Now to get the numbers:D
~M

Aniseteph

I voted turquoise because it's easy to read. The red is OK too. Shiny blue is meh, and purple gets a NOOOOO from me. I find dark backgrounds very hard on the eye/brain unless the contrast and font are just so - and this wasn't.

I would contribute to a custom skin because that would be cool, but I would be a mass of seething resentment if it ended up anything like the purple one ;).

Amulya

I wanted to add: I actually really like the look we have now! I would prefer it in blue maybe or white but it's good as it is! Can't we keep it or doesn't it align with the new update?

For the new design, is there a white option? White is very easy to read on :)

Bast

I was torn between red and purple. I loved the purple graphics and the colour but found the white font a little glaring. The red was easiest for me to read.
Not a fan of the blues, they looks too generic and bland to me.

Farasha Hanem

"Pink is my fa-vo-rite coloooooor"

I would have preferred dusty pink, but not everyone likes pink, even though it's my favorite color. :(

The purple remindsme too much of Bhuzz, ughh. Too dark, too busy. The turquoise itself is pretty, but I hate tan (who would pair tan with turquoise?). The blue is boring. The red would be okay, but brown is too much like tan. I like pretty, restful pastels. Light background and dark font. No Bhuzzing, please! :confused:

Salome

Administrator
No Bhuzzing, please! :confused:

They have their own graphic up top but the vbulletin software actually comes in a set of blues/white and I am not positive but it looks like the preset colors of the software. We also used to be blue and white way before bhuz. Those were actually the colors we started with.

Ariadne

Is there any way a mod can change my vote from "Purple" to "I would donate $ for a custom skin"?

Salome

Administrator
Would but cant. But for those who already voted, if u want to change because i added two options, post here as u did. Everyone else needs to vote in the poll.

Farasha Hanem

Wait, didn't someone ask about the possibility of each member choosing from a select number of color schemes? What happened to that post?

If we don't end up keeping this skin, I would gladly donate $10 for a custom skin.

Irene

The blue is very friendly for the eyes, as it has good contrast between background and the white for the text messages, but it's too technological, like a site for a telephone or software company.
The purple is too dark, (reminds me of a pirate site), and the text is also purple, although a lighter shade, but not contrast enough to be easy on the eyes. Definitely not!
The turquoise is paired with beige (tan), making it drab and looking like dirty. It depresses me.
The red/brown/beige is very yellowish. I don't like it at all.

What's wrong with the wondeful look that the site already has? Why change something that is beautiful and works fine, just for the sake of change?

I voted to keep the site as it is.

If this option is not available because you MUST upgrade for some reason, then, with sinking heart, I vote for the blue. It's boring but decent. I'd visit the forum much more rarely and spend much less time if the look is bothering my aesthetics and straining my eyes.
If a fifty of us donate 10 dollars we can keep the lovely peach? Or again there would be a discussion of which custom skin to choose? This must be clear, because I might donate and then not like the one you chose. The idea would be to make a "custom skin" to keep the site colour exactly as it is. In this case, I'm in.

Last edited:

Sophia Maria

I voted for purple, but honestly, looking back on it, I'd prefer any of them over the Turquoise, because the light text is really really hard to read!!

Was there a final decision made? When would we be switching over?