What are your favorite songs to dance to?

Imeera

What are your favourite songs to dance to?

Hiiii! I was just listening to Yearning by Raul Ferrando and thought "This is a song I can't wait to choreograph to". The music speaks to me and fillms my head with images of two lovers seperated and well, yearning for eachother :lol:, I would never dare to even try dancing to it yet as I am still a beginner. But I can't help it!

It got me thinking though, what songs would you say "speak" to you and fill you with emotion that you can belly dance dance to? Arabic or not, it doesn't really matter =] If you have a video of you dancing to one of these songs and wouldn't mind sharing please do! :D

Last edited:

LadyFatima

Hey, that's great that you found a song that "speaks to you". I really feel like when you find a great song that you literally can't WAIT to dance to (so much that it makes you light up like a Christmas tree every time you hear it) it makes you WANT to give it your all when you actually do perform your dance.
It just makes you more dedicated, you know?

In the course of only a few months I've DEFINATELY found several songs online that speak to me.

My absolute #1 favorite song to belly dance to is without a shadow of a doubt *drumroll*

Aziza performed by Hossam Ramzy:clap::dance:

I ADORE THIS SONG!!

I dance to it every day at least 2 or 3 times, whether I'm practicing my choreography for it, or just dancing to it while I do housework (does that still count as practice. . .?:think:)

I forget how I found it, but I first heard it on this video of a tribute to Egyptian belly dancers (forgive me if you've seen this already)

YouTube - Eygptian bellydancers

The quality for this one isn't all that great, but luckily the better version of the song is available on Youtube as well.

To me, it just simply explains the art, history and beauty of Raks Sharki in a perfect 3 minutes and 40 seconds:D

Imeera

Yes thats exactly what it is like! Knew I wasn't alone in thinking that :cool:

What a beautiful clip! I know exactly what you mean. Has amazing dancers in that clip too. I love how its been put together :D

Farasha Hanem

I love "Ostor Bet Yalli Ostor," by Hakim, and "Sitt Akull" (forgot the artist :confused: ). Also, "Hup," by Tarkan, and "Tigy Tigy" by Hakim, featuring Don Omar. And just for fun and kicks, "Slow Ride" by Foghat! :D

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Love Tahtil Shibbak also Fi El Awel, that is on the BDSS Vol III. I also like Longing & Secret of Laila by Ercan Saatchi. I love some of the music by Shiva In Exile, in particular Anubis & Sah'de that is for just bopping around too at home though I am not a fusion dancer. Good workout/warmup stuff:D
~Mosaic

Darshiva

I am such an 'old school' geek. I love Enta Omri. It's "my" song. I haven't yet found a version of it I don't love.

I love it so much I wrote a choreography to one version of it & have another version in my improvisation rotation. Despite being the same song they are two very different pieces of music.

MissVega

Some favourite songs:
El Hob Halal by Hossam Ramzy
New Baladi and Baladi Sangaran by Mario Kirlis (okay I tend to like baladi progressions in general lol)
Drum solos I love Wana Be Ied Annak, it rocks.

Classics, I love Wahastini. Can only think of one version that I have heard of it that I don't really like. I warm up to Lissa Fakir a lot, I find it very relaxing even though its a more somber/sad song.

Greek Bonfire

I couldn't list them all, really, there are so many that I love. But also, I do wait for one to "speak to me" louder than the others.

seona

....... Love Tahtil Shibbak
~Mosaic

Oh yes! I feel the love! There's a live version on YouTube by Ramy Ayach, it's sublime.
Like Fotia said, too many to list! But one of my all time fav's is Maya Yazbek's Habibi ya einy, sigh, that song takes me there!

Last edited by a moderator:

seona

I am such an 'old school' geek. I love Enta Omri. It's "my" song. I haven't yet found a version of it I don't love.

I love it so much I wrote a choreography to one version of it & have another version in my improvisation rotation. Despite being the same song they are two very different pieces of music.
lol, Know that feeling! My 1st ever solo (choreographed) was to Nouranne's version of habibi ya einy, and my 2nd solo I did was improv to Maya's version. I really want to do one now to another version from the CD baklava sounds of the orient, by Samir Shukry(?), lol, but think that's taking it too far lol!

Meera

My favorite songs to dance in arent really tradtional bellydance songs, but Algerian Rai I dont why I just really like it :p

For Example:
Cheb Khalid-El barah
YouTube - cheb khaled 2009 - el barah
I just adore this song. Its sooo soooo beautiful.

Rachid Taha-En Retard
YouTube - 07 - En retard - rachid taha
This song always makes me want to bellydance lol

And of course I love dancing to Nancy Ajrams songs, my favorite from her I think is Ya Si Said. But I like all her songs. I like Myriam fares's songs also.

Another one of my favorite songs is this one by Bendeniz, I really love Turkish music.
YouTube - Bendeniz - Catlat

But above all I really love dancing to Algerian Rai. For some reason I always have the most fun dancing to Rachid Taha or Cheb Khalid.:redface: