What have you enjoyed today?

Reen.Blom

I have enjoyed harvesting own cherry tomatos and making a huge salad for the whole family! Yippy!

Also enjoyed feeding the guinea pigs that share the pen the 4 adolescent chicken 2 baby guinea fowls and a bunny.

They are a lovely lot to watch- the gunea pigs have 9 babies!

Just post what made you smile today!:D

*big hug*

janaki

Sounds soo good Reen. I wish I am in OZ too,

I just woke up. So far I enjoyed my papaya and tea. I wll add to this tonite HK time.

karena

it made me happy going to an open day at my university and seeing the diversity that they support, and the efforts they make for students of 'non-traditional' backgrounds. that really made me smile.

Reen.Blom

it made me happy going to an open day at my university and seeing the diversity that they support, and the efforts they make for students of 'non-traditional' backgrounds. that really made me smile.

What is 'non-traditional' backgrounds ?

karena

Traditionally people at university were white, upper class and male. More recently pretty much white, young and middle or upper class. These days they're trying to open it up to people who wouldn't traditionally have accessed university education, so for example ethnic minorities, people with children, other mature students (mature is only over 25!), working class. So they are 'non-traditional' backgrounds. In many universities you would feel out of place if you didn't fit that traditional demographic, even today, so I was pleased with what I saw at my university today.

KuteNurse

I went out to run errands, the bank, to pick up a picture being framed, to get coffee and to the mall. I brought doggie with, then we went for a short drive and it was quite a nice quiet relaxing day:)

adiemus

A wonderfully sunny day, no kids, and time to sew my latest costume!! Will be posting details soon...!

Shanazel

d'Artagnan is a good dog name. I have a Boudreaux, a Bois d'Arc, (pronounced bo-dar in true Arkansas fashion) and a Gizelda, called Grizzy.

Today is the first day of my week long vacation. I enjoyed an afternoon of running errands with my daughter, seeing my son come safely home from his day of testosterone driven quad racing, talking with my husband and finishing the book Corelli's Mandolin. Such an exciting life, don't you think?

The Crone jewels.

OOoh Brea I also love water... I must have been a fish in my previous life!

To carry on with the water theme.....today I placed a solar light close to a pond {with native fish}......which is recharged with fresh rain water from the tank each time it rains. The light is to attract little frogs, so they might spawn in my pond! The clever frogs know all about a light at night attracting yummy insects....I hope it works.
And I looked amongst my collection of veils and other gorgeous scarves etc, to find suitable material for making Poi/ Voi .........so I can do something really different at the next Haffla......:lol::clap:

KuteNurse

Hey KuteNurse,

When I get d'Artagnan (and he's old enough) we should let our doggies play together!

DOG PARK! lol Seriously! My dog loves it there...Spring is coming. My dog is such a sweetie. I can't wait to see your puppy.

*elly belly*

one thing that made me happy? uhmmmm can i mention a few? im feeling optimistic! :D i made an audition for this show and i rode my pony on a trailride for the first time since before christmas when i fell off, and id been riding in the arena ever since because it was all snowy, but it was so sunny and nice today! and i came home and my parents friend came over and we had an amayzzzing dinner! then i started memorizing for my audition on tuesday! good stuff all around :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Reen.Blom

Watching my hamster squishing herself against the cooler glass and sleeping like that.... lol I think she is cooling off like that, but looks hilarious!!!

Also freshly made lemonade in this heat....

karena

just went upstairs and my cat has now tucked herself under the duvet. she was just a face looking at me. too cute.

KuteNurse

We have a dog park?! I didn't even know that.

I also think d'Artagnan would be an awesome name for a kid. So if any of you have a boy, please name him d'Artagnan! I think that would be great.

YES! West Duluth right under the freeway! We have to plan it so we go on a day when it is dry outside, because the doggies have run the grass to dirt in places. It is wonderful. Fenced in, a big hill for the dogs to run up and down on, and everyone cleans up after their pets, so you don't have to worry about walking in Doo Doo.