What were your children's reactions when you began bellydancing?

Mosaic

Super Moderator
My kids are adults they are happy I have something I love in my life & are very supportive. By the way too bad if they didn't, it is my choice & they'd have to lump it! ...... Mother knows best:D
~Mosaic

Shanazel

Super Moderator
I'd been dancing for over a decade when my first child was born. They never knew me as anything but a belly dancing mom.

Darshiva

OMG, Shan, I just realised that if I ever have kids, they'll be in exactly the same boat. My 10th anniversary of bellydancing is right now!

Shanazel

Super Moderator
I held the threat of dancing in public over the heads of my children throughout their teens. If my daughter disappeared in Wally World I wouldn't bother calling her name: I'd just loudly announce that Carolina's mom was about to dance. She'd come whipping out of nowhere to stop me just in case one of her friends was nearby. I went to pick my son up at a friend's house one day and he yelled out the second floor window that he wasn't ready yet. I yelled back from the front porch that the music they were blasting had an awfully nice beat, almost middle eastern. He ran down the stairs to the front door, screaming, "Don't dance, Mom! I'm coming! Don't dance!"

Dancing is a powerful child raising tool- don't abuse it. :cool:

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
My daughter thinks its cool - but my son-in-law has YET to attend one of my performances!

Farasha Hanem

Thanks to "Mom," my 26-year-old daughter fell in love with Tribal Fusion, and has her own Rachel Brice instructional DVDs. However, her 29-year-old brother needs therapy for the NEXT 29 years of his life! xD

Sophia Maria

I held the threat of dancing in public over the heads of my children throughout their teens. If my daughter disappeared in Wally World I wouldn't bother calling her name: I'd just loudly announce that Carolina's mom was about to dance. She'd come whipping out of nowhere to stop me just in case one of her friends was nearby. I went to pick my son up at a friend's house one day and he yelled out the second floor window that he wasn't ready yet. I yelled back from the front porch that the music they were blasting had an awfully nice beat, almost middle eastern. He ran down the stairs to the front door, screaming, "Don't dance, Mom! I'm coming! Don't dance!"

Dancing is a powerful child raising tool- don't abuse it. :cool:
Hehehe! Soon after I started bellydancing my mother wanted to try it too. Honestly I think it's awesome. She does do this to me in public...it embarrasses me but then I realize I can't say anything because I dance my way through supermarkets...