What would your dream costume (belly dance or non-belly dance) look like?

Amulya

If you don't have to worry about the price, what would it look like and who would you ask to make it for you?

I would probably get one made by Bella, even though I have a very bad experience with them. Their costume quality is just amazing and I love the designs. I would have to think about what color, possibly some dark green and maybe in their tribaret style. Will post some ideas later.

Last edited:

LadyLoba

Mine would be a very simple costume...a solid color bra and matching fitted skirt. I'd have one set in white, one in dark chocolate brown, and one in black and then dress them up and add color and details with a huge collection of hip scarves and jewelry.

goddessyasaman

I found a woman that made a belly dance costume pretty close to what I would want my dream costume to be, though I think no one else would like it
My style is Native Fusion so it has a Native american look, The costume is
$650.0 dollars thats not to bad, I have not bought it because I'm dropping weight and it would be made to my size have to wait a bit:D

The costumes are by

Synari,Synari Designs

Darshiva

I'd give Mme Alba a rez pls* and collaborate on something so awesome everyone would need to shield their eyes to the awesomeness of me approaching. :D

*geek joke. infer that I like her work & I wish she was still with us.

Darshiva

I sort of have something like that happening now. I'm making a costume that has a matching bra, belt & skirt, but the skirt & bra go together or the bra & belt go together, but not all three. It doesn't change colour, but by the gods it sparkles.

I think doing the same thing with one of those colour-transitional fabrics would hit the nail on the head for you, although not in the way you're hoping, I think!

gisela

Super Moderator
The one which change colour when you get warm? :lol: Yeah that would be nice for a dance costume :lol: Also you would get men trying to make handprints on your ass and boobs.

Dream costume, hmmm, I would want something by Eman or Sahar. Or perhaps mamdouh salama. It would need to be multicoloured and AB rhinestones only and rhinestone fringe as well. yup, not too much to ask is it?

Last edited:

Darshiva

Not hypercolour, the one that changes colour depending on the angle you're at when you look at it. Like those cars with the odd paintjobs that change colour when you drive past them. I've seen fabric like that at Spotlight.

Hypercolour is a bit tacky for a costume, don't ya think? Besides, that stuff dies after like 2 washes - how would it hold up to industrial-strength sweating by dancers?

gisela

Super Moderator
Ah I see what you mean. Yeah, maybe hypercolour wouldn't be optimal but it sure could be fun. There are toothbrushes that change colour to indicate when you are done. Maybe that's an idea for bedlahs?

Greek Bonfire

Bella first and foremost. But I wouldn't turn down a Madame Abla either. Also, those costumes by Elen Oriental are stunning. And color? Well, it would automatically turn the color of my mood that day at my will, of course.

And since this is total fantasy, I would have the body I always wanted with the hair that I've always wanted ;)

PracticalDancer

Bella first and foremost. But I wouldn't turn down a Madame Abla either. Also, those costumes by Elen Oriental are stunning. And color? Well, it would automatically turn the color of my mood that day at my will, of course.

And since this is total fantasy, I would have the body I always wanted with the hair that I've always wanted ;)
Yeah, and I would get to look like Juliana!* (sigh)

*ooh --ooh --ooh that image search yielded a VINTAGE LP site!

Roshanna

Dark metallic green with bronze/copper beadwork and a subtle reptile scales theme. And a waist strap, perhaps. Maybe by Eman Zaki, as I like the cut of the skirts for a lot of her costumes, and many of the ones I've seen for sale lately also have beautiful beading. I'd also very much like a tribaret Bella, maybe in teal.

Amulya

The one which change colour when you get warm? :lol: Yeah that would be nice for a dance costume :lol: Also you would get men trying to make handprints on your ass and boobs.
Instant Dina style bra! :lol:

What is hyper color?