What's Your Style?

What's your style?

• Total voters

Darshiva

We dancers have pretty divergent tastes when it comes to costumes.

I found this image on facebook and I'd like to pose a similar question to the one posed with the image where I found it - which one, given unlimited funds and access to costumery, would you be more likely to wear? Can't choose? You're welcome to vote for as many as you like.

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I voted 3 but prefer dresses overall & wear them 99% of the time, I like the bling-bling look of 6 but wouldn't wear it - I leave that high split style to all you young things, my dresses are all very blingy. I like 2 as well.
~Mosaic

Darshiva

Oh, I should have put that you can vote for more than one if you want. Off to edit post the first.

Jane

1 is icky :lol: I'd wear 6,5 &7. Probably not the others because I don't dance those styles.

Farasha Hanem

I voted for 2, 3, 6, and 8. Would have voted for 7 since I love beaded bedlahs, but I didn't like the sheer chiffon skirt without harem pants (but I do love bedlahs. Just didn't like the overall look of 7). I've kind of moved on from #4, although I still own the very first costume I ever bought, which is beginner studentesque (black butterfly top and fancy-folded harem pants, both with lots of gold coins, bugle beads, and sequins). I couldn't figure out what the heck the girl in #5 was wearing---it looks like there are feathers on her bra and belt, and I'm not overly-fond of feathers. Also not sure if she's wearing a skirt or a pair of those wonderful wave harem pants (which is what they look like). I love wave harem pants, but the feathered-looking bedlah ruined the whole look of 5 for me. And yeah, #1 does look icky. :confused:

As to why I voted the way I did:

#2 I LOVE 25 YARD SKIRTS WITH RED FLOWERS!!! :D :D Also love the Turkish vest, and the matching bra and belt! Stunning!

#3 I'm a sucker for Melodias! :D Also love tough-looking bangles and jewelry!

#6 Gorgeous professional-looking cabaret costume! I would just make sure not to do any floor work in it! :shok: :naghty: :rolleyes: :lol:

#8 My love for ATS and Ren Faire ware comes into play here (our Ren Faires are very relaxed when it comes to bellydance costumes, maybe a little too relaxed, since there are some really weird, non-authentic get-ups seen at our local faires!). :confused: :rolleyes:

Kashmir

Normally I wear a dress - but took the next best option (imagining I still had the figure for a bra and belt)

Greek Bonfire

I'm a mix of 5,6,7. None of my skirts are that sheer or have slits that high or even have that many ruffles. I bet seriously there could be 100 different styles!

AndreaSTL

I voted for 5 & 6. I like some of the others, but I don't dance in those styles. I did assume we were in complete Fantasyland. None of these would actually look good on me, but I chose what I like. :)

LilithNoor

#3 and #8 are both styles similar to what I would usually wear for fusion or ATS performing. They're also fairly flattering for a plus size lady.

I would wear the hell out of #6 if I had the figure for it, and the style (heavily beaded, good quality materials, flattering cut) is something I aim for in my cabaret costumes

walladah

I realised that i voted for the tribal stuff

only!

all costumes are nice... but it is something about tribal costuming...

And yes, we missed 1-2 dresses among the costumes...

Thank you so much for this!

Dunyah

I voted for 2, 6, and 7. But I would add sleeves and a belly cover to #2; to #6 I would add a belly cover, chiffon modesty panel to the skirt, and an underbust vest (I need coverage of the back flab, lol) and gauntlets; to #7 I would add an underskirt, belly cover, u-vest and gauntlets. As an older dancer I don't show a lot of bare skin but I still have a nice shape, so I adapt costumes by adding more coverage to camouflage problem areas.

I have a collection of u-vests in silver, gold and different colors, and a collection of belly covers in various colors and fabrics with and without sleeves. If a costume doesn't come with sleeves or gauntlets, I make or buy some. I also have several dresses that I love. I like to dance a variety of styles, so I have several styles of costuming, depending on what type of show I am doing. I also have owned a couple of Sim costumes that have choli-type tops, which I love.

Duvet

I'd feel a bit drafty in any of these, especially this time of year. But if I had to choose, probably 8, as there are lots of layers and the hat would keep my head warm.

AyaKara

3, 5, & 6 are flawless :pray:

I love how tribaret 3 is, the overall colors & style of 5 (I love that sort of ruffled belt with pants look, if I'm seeing it correctly), & 6 has a lovely slit up that is just the right height to me (& is my favorite color! :dance:)

So lovely! :D

Munniko

Definitely like #2 the best, even though I could probably never find one to fit me because of my petite + stacked stature....apparently most people assume if you are petite you are below a C cup not larger.