What a very detailed and useful review! Thank you very much, I'm going to purchase it tonight :dance:
I'm a few days... ok, almost two weeks late, but with Mosaic's approval I'm starting a new thread for instructional dvds/videos.
Here's my in-dire-need-of-culling collection :redface: :
(Actually, there are at least two WDNY videos missing, my mother has them .)
I probably have enough videos to do a different one every day for a month, however, what usually happens is I pick one or two and work them to death. :lol:
Current rotation (time permitting ):
- Shape Up and Hip Out (Jillina, workout)
- Belly by Sandra Vol. 2 (technique/drilling)
- Bellydance Egyptian Style, The Baladi (Ranya Renee, technique/lecture)
- Instructional Bellydance with Jillina Vol. 1 (choreography)
ETA: ...aaaand I just realized I carried over the typo in the title :lol:
Most of these are rarely used or viewed only once. I've procrastinated long enough putting this list together so here goes:
These DVDs come in the original case:
1. Pops, Locks & Shimmies with Sadie and Kaya
2. Pops, Locks & Shimmies with Sadie and Kaya 2
3. Contemporary Belly Dance and Yoga Conditioning with Ariellah
4. Lock, Roll & Flutter with Suzanna Del Vecchio
5. Hip-notic Belly Dance with Kaya
6. 5-Layers from the Group Up with Nadia
The following are without the original case as I placed them in a DVD folder to save space
1. Bellydance for Beginners with Suhaila – Fitness Fusion Jazz
2. Instructional Bellydance with Jillina – Level 3 (this doesn’t seem to work on all players but I have had no problem with my current (and new) Phillips DVD player and my computer)
3. Thrillin’ Drillin’ with Sadie
4. Abs-olutely Fabulous with Princess Farhana
I have more DVD titles in Australia but I am currently in Asia. However, I will be returning to Sydney next month so will add to the list.
In addition to the above, I have a few non-bellydance DVDs that might be of interest (all without the original covers however – not sure if I kept them in Sydney though so will check):
1. Island Girl Dance Fitness Workout for Beginners – Hula Abs & Buns
2. Island Girl Dance Fitness Workout for Beginners – Tahitian Hip Hop
3. Island Girl Dance Fitness Workout for Beginners – Tahitian Cardio
4. Bollywood Workout with Honey Kalaria
5. Ballet Conditioning
Back home in Sydney I have Neena & Veena’s collection and another 3-DVD collection of a well-known Am-Cab dancer whose name escapes me right now.
Oh wow - old thread but a good one! I still have all my TONS of dvds and, especially during shutdown/shelter-in-place, I've had time to revisit them!