Work in uae

fatyn

Ciao a tutti! Sto cercando per i ballerini che hanno avuto esperienza di lavoro negli Emirati Arabi Uniti perché vorrei porre alcune domande ... ho già avuto qualche consiglio, ma mi piacerebbe sapere anche di più ...
per esempio, il contratto sarà visto e firmato via fax? pagamento alla fine del contratto? quando si arriva in aeroporto ci sarà l'agente di aspettare per voi? Quanto tempo deve durare lo spettacolo in un hotel e quante uscite? come si imposta con i musicisti? in altre parole ... dimmi del tuo primo giorno di lavoro grazie per le risposte! e scusate per le tante domande:)

Shanazel

I love Italian but I can't make it much past "hello to all." Are you wanting to ask questions of people who have danced in the UAE? :think:

Safran

Hi Fatyn! I have worked in the Emirates and I used google translate to understand your post. I will answer in English - Ihope you understand my answer :)

Nowadays the contracts are exchanged over e-mail. Just print the contract, sign it, scan it and send it back. Maybe someone still uses fax, but I have not come across it. When you are paid, depends on the contract. For shorter contracts it is at the end of the contract, for longer contracts there are periodic payments. The details are usually in the contract, or you can just ask your agent/employer about it. And usually they do send someone to pick you up from the airport.

The length of shows and number of entrances also depends on the contract. It can be 15 minutes, or 45 minutes. In some cases you do just one show, in some cases you do more (for example, I ONCE had the case of doing 6 shows in one night). With some contracts you work every day, in some contracts you only work weekends. The details are usually stated in the contract.

I did not understand your question about musicians... But I hope my answers help you a bit. Are you planning to go to the Emirates?

fatyn

Work in UAE

:shok: Sorry!!! ahah I've wrote in Italian ahah... is the stress! now translate.....
I'm looking for dancers who have worked in the UAE, I wish ask they to share their experience with who, like me, is considering to work there but has many doubts...
for example, the agent helps and advises you, or are you alone? Who decides how much should last the show? when there are musicians, is better improvise or agree the music with them? how many days you work? payment is at the end of the contract? on average how much money a dancer? it was a nice experience?
sorry for my english :lol:
thanks the answers !!!!

fatyn

Thanks Safran! You were very kind! Yes, I am in contact with an agency, the agent said me that I could work soon ... and I'm a little anxious!:rolleyes:

Safran

Ooh, good luck! There is no need to be anxious, just wait until the agent sends you details of work, and then you see the details and ask more specific questions.

fatyn

another curiosity ....

if I work for example every day for the same hotel I suppose that I must change music, choreography and costume every night... ? Thanks:)

Safran

Yes, you are expected to vary your music and costumes, especially if the place has a lot of regular customers. Sometimes your contract will tell you the minimum amount of costumes necessary, sometimes you need to figure it out yourself. For example, I currently do 12 entrances a week, which means I brought 12 costumes with me, but several costumes I can mix up with different skirts. As for rotating music - if you are working with live musicians, they will make sure there is plenty of different music. Oh, and as for choreographies... my experience is that in these cases you are better off improvising :dance: