YouTube Copyright Question

Daewen2011

Hi everyone! I've been posting videos for my troupe's performances, and often I'm getting them blocked in certain countries because of copyright infringement of the songs. Is there a way to avoid this? How do I credit the song and songwriter? It's not like I'm saying the song is mine, just the dance!

Any advice is appreciated :)

Mosaic

Super Moderator
What countries? What music? Australia can be a "mad-blocker" on stuff, but I can't recall having any youtubes blocked (Watching - I don't upload) I'm sorry but I have no idea how to overcome blocking.
~Mosaic

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
No there is no way around this. The blocks are set up by the music companies and are automatically done by youtube programs by scanning music in the video and matching them to songs in their banned database. Some music companies are nice and will let the music they own play but there are links to get the music for purchase.

The only way, which is a pain in the ass and does not work all the time, is to get a legal letter from the copyright owner for each song, mail it to Youtube, wait months or years to get a response from the, and maybe they might take the block off your account. However don't waste your time since from what I researched it never ends in the video authors favor and is very expensive.

Daewen2011

What countries? What music? Australia can be a "mad-blocker" on stuff, but I can't recall having any youtubes blocked (Watching - I don't upload) I'm sorry but I have no idea how to overcome blocking.
~Mosaic

The music is from my troupe leader, some basic drum beats...and we don't know the artist (cds get passed around and info gets lost). Another was a Sting song. That one was blocked in Germany.

Thank you both for the responses! I guess I'll just try posting them and if they're blocked oh well. It's annoying for us dancers!