2022 Worldwide Weather Thread

Shanazel

Seventy degrees here. 102 in Fort Worth. Ugh.

Also just got a notice of possible thunderstorms in Denver about the time my flight to DFW is supposed to leave. :mad:

Last edited:

Greek Bonfire

We are going to get high nineties next week with a lot of humidity but I am sympathetic to those who are experiencing three digit temperatures.

Shanazel

The heat in Texas sucked, being over 100 degrees. I am so happy to be back in a more moderate climate. (Remind me I said that when winter temps hit -30.)

Shanazel

My daughter sent a note saying she would never take Colorado for granted again. She, her husband, and child are spending a few days in the mountains before he goes back to work. It is still in the eighties right now, and our nights are usually not this warm. With an attic bedroom, I may be wandering down to sleep in the living room with the swamp cooler tonight.

Greek Bonfire

My daughter sent a note saying she would never take Colorado for granted again. She, her husband, and child are spending a few days in the mountains before he goes back to work. It is still in the eighties right now, and our nights are usually not this warm. With an attic bedroom, I may be wandering down to sleep in the living room with the swamp cooler tonight.

I have an attic bedroom that I sleep in six months out of the year because it's always warmer, and I can save some money on energy costs.

Ariadne

And we have a monsoon season this year! Two weeks of rain off and on with a proper downpour after the ground has been softened! I have sooo missed this.

Attachments

• downpour1.jpg
    downpour1.jpg
    716.1 KB · Views: 3

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
People here in Florida look at me like I have 2 heads when I tell them that I like the rain and enjoy thunderstorms. We never had that in Commiefornia!

Shanazel

Last week we had 3.5 inches of rain in three days. That is almost a third of our annual rainfall. It came with awe-inspiring thunder and lightning the first night. My son and his crew were sitting on the back porch of the fire station when they saw lightning hit a nearby apartment building, sending shingles everywhere. They went down to check it out but no fire had started. Son said it was possible for attic fires to smolder undetected for days or even week before bursting into flame.

Greek Bonfire

For the last ten days here, it has been just beautiful - between 70 and 80 degrees. The humidity is still a little high but otherwise, going outside is pure joy. This is soothing since June I lost a tree to a tornado, and July was a hot, humid nasty beast.

Shanazel

Back to sunny, dry, and warm here, though we had just enough drops of rain yesterday to dampen the grass so that I couldn't host my writers group in the garden.

Shanazel

A clasically nasty November morning in Old Wyoming: 35 degrees, sustained 40 mph winds, overcast. This is what happens when we're forced to give up October.

Shanazel

Meh, time change is a tempest in a teacup. Once I dump out the tempest and pour in the coffee, I'm good to go. I did turn up an hour early for class in 1978; that was a tad annoying because I hated to get up at all back in those days. When I figured out why no one else was around, I just pretended I'd deliberately arrived at school early to use the extra hour to work on a paper.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
It shouldn't even be a teacup at rest. The damn thing shouldn't exist, never should have existed, and is the stupidest idea this side of a smartphone. Not that I have an opinion on the subject... ;) :D

Shanazel

People have passionate opinions on subjects other people don't even know are subjects. My passionate subject is the abomination of putting red tomatoes in green chili and still calling it green chili. There oughta be a law...

Greek Bonfire

While I like the extra hours, rest assured, Zorba, that this is the last time you will have to turn the clocks back. After March 2023, when we turn them forward, the time will not change in the fall. But I really do enjoy that extra hour of time in the fall.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
While I like the extra hours, rest assured, Zorba, that this is the last time you will have to turn the clocks back. After March 2023, when we turn them forward, the time will not change in the fall. But I really do enjoy that extra hour of time in the fall.
Last I heard, the necessary legislation was stalled. Has that changed? Pretty crappy that Mexico - of all countries - has figured this out!