Radio Garden

Shanazel

This site is so much fun. So far tonight, I've listened to radio stations in Sanaa, Yemen (played one of my favorite belly dance songs!), Greenland, Iceland, half a dozen places in Scandinavia, several in India, and two or three in Israel. Amazing how much music in English is played around the world. Dire Straits in El Chaltén, Argentina was not what I expected.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
This is AMAZING! It took me several tries to find a station in Greece that was actually playing GREEK music, but found one pretty quick in Xania playing Demotika!

Greek Bonfire

It seems the English translation finds its way into every genre. Our Polynesian troupe has performed to a lot of Hawaiian songs in English too. But my favorites are always the ones that are sung in the original language. So sue me-I'm a traditionalist.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Nothing drives me nuts more than to be walking down the street somewhere in Greece, looking for a taverna to eat at - and half of them are blaring rock and roll!

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
I *do* wish they had a volume control on the webpage, so I wouldn't have to adjust my main control - but that's a nit. I'm listening to a very nice traditional Greek station on the south side of Crete right now...

Shanazel

The volume control on the site is in the box that shows the station featured at any given time. Took me a minute to find it.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
... and THERE it is! Thanx to Apple for promulgating this low contrast nonsense that everybody else follows like a bunch of damn lemmings!