Tell me something about yourself...

Prusilusken

I am a total geek... :D

I love horses, have a special affinity for the Icies.

I play Dungeons&Dragons 3.5 every third sunday for eight hours with a bunch of friends.

I've also kept tropical fish for 15 years and used to be an admin on an online aquarium forum.

I don't own a TV set and don't want to. :)

Shara

I like to read medical books and natural healing books in my spare time.... and I love tools! Except for circular saws... they scare me... I prefer the table saw!

Jane

I love to cook. I'm an avid camper and read survival books. I'm also a decent shot with a rifle and a crossbow. I sleep with a gun under my pillow. My husband and I own five kinds of fishing boats.

What a hick. :rolleyes:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I love cats, I have 4 kids and 5 grandkids. I hate cooking with a passion - always have and always will. I also don't like shopping, it is a total waste of time. I am passionate about the Dance, I love to travel & if I had the money would travel about 9 months of the year:D I enjoy fiddling around on computers and have been connected to the web for 16 or 17 years now. Everything I know about computers, programming etc is all self taught and I continue to learn in the ever changing world of technology & cyberspace.

I am sure my family will send me to the 'summerlands' with all my BD gear and computer when my time comes:lol::lol:
~Mosaic

Daimona

I didn't buy a new house today... (i.e. I tried to, but the final bid got too high :rolleyes: )
You guys didn't guess that, huh? ;)

Sita

I used to have a giant African Snail called Oohliee Napoleon Bonaparte as a pet. He lived for 6 years and used to come out of his shell when I called his name and would only eat cucumber. I miss him :(
Now the house is overun by 4 cats - the head of whom is my cat Athene. I love cats.

love
Sita

alosha

bummer diamona. There must be a better house out there for you.

Wish I had something exciting to say.

Best I have is I'm sickeningly optimistic. And, starting tomorrow, I will be up before the sun to dance before work. Big feat for a night owl.

Shanazel

Wow. I am a night owl myself. The idea of getting up before the sun to dance is... well, I simply cannot imagine doing such a thing. You sure you're not a closet morning lark, Alosha? :think:

Daimona

bummer diamona. There must be a better house out there for you.
I'll just keep looking (if I'd got the house, I'd gotten my own tiny studio in the basement!)

Wish I had something exciting to say.

Best I have is I'm sickeningly optimistic. And, starting tomorrow, I will be up before the sun to dance before work. Big feat for a night owl.

Wow! Wish you luck! It will be hard in the beginning (and some times later), but it is doable! Remember to write your results and goals in your diary to keep the motivation up during harder periods..

Wow. I am a night owl myself. The idea of getting up before the sun to dance is... well, I simply cannot imagine doing such a thing.

Shanazel:
The idea is quite hard, but I've got a trick: The further north (or south) you live, it is doable to get up before the sun - at least in winter.. ;)

(FYI: Where I live, today's sunrise was at 08:33 and sunset will be at 16:33. In a couple of weeks, the sun will be up before I go to work and sunset won't be until after I get home...)

Mystic Skye

Lol, there's a thread just like this on my other forum. XD

- The other forum is the Animania forum and I have met most of my friends on there.

- I never eat anything from the sea because it comes from an ecosystem not our own.

- I am a strong supporter of Sea Shepherd.

- I've writen poems, lyrics, short stories and recently a draft novel. All of these either Fantasy or real world based.

- Japanese anime, to me, is completley awesome.

- I grew up in a sci-fi family. So much love for the genre.
and...

- I love pretty much all styles of music and will attempt to dance to them.

Tune in next week for more tales of Skye.

Nath

Let's see....

I'm a grandmother to 9, great grandmother to 4 (all beautiful of course!)

I'm still working because every time I try to retire they call me back.

I belly dance for my health, I have degenerative disk disease and belly dance is such a fun non-impacting exercise I can do it, make my back stronger and avoid surgery (beaten the knife for 40 years so far with diet and exercise).

I love computers and play MMO's, usually with a few of my grandchildren.

Amulya

-I live nearly at the beach

-I have a yard so big, you could put 4 houses on it, imagine: the lawn is a nightmare.... Oh and I hate lawns. If the place was mine, lawn would be replaced with garden :)

-I love gardening

-I used to steal cuttings from botanical gardens (that's my dark side...), my mother taught me how to do it

lizaj

I used to help out on an Antique stall and I hate the minimalist look..I love old brown furniture..right against trend.

I love steam engines. I found the Industrial Revolution fascinating even though it was all about machinery and I can't even change a plug nor drive a car!

I love snow-drops and none have appeared yet!

I don't believe in war until everything else has been exhausted but I love military history.

I affect an army surplus/bag lady fashion statement by day and don sequins by night (when I'm belly dancing)

Just full of mismatch..I am

Jane

I have terrible insomnia issues. Sleeping pills make me hyper. I don't have depression or health problems. I just can't turn off my brain sometimes. It's 2:30AM now. :(

Amulya

I have terrible insomnia issues. Sleeping pills make me hyper. I don't have depression or health problems. I just can't turn off my brain sometimes. It's 2:30AM now. :(

Maybe blame it on this site ;), I'm on here at odd hours too. But i hope your insomnia goes away, it's awful!