What are you doing during quarantine?

Suzanne Azhaar

Greetings all. Self quarantined. Managed to clean guest and sewing rooms. Preparing to gather supplies (from different shelves) and begin cutting out future projects. This time of night can normally hear busy traffic. Roads are creepy quiet (nice, but weird). Never know what tomorrow brings. Stay safe all.

Last edited:

Ariadne

We’ve concentrated on getting the family on Discord with a family server we can use to keep in constant touch and those of us who play have congregated on Minecraft, also a private family server. Other then that we’re just making sure all our family and friends have what they need. Everything after that is just trying to go on with life as usual. Very little of our lives requires leaving the house so I guess being a geek that homeschools my kid paid off.

I don’t have anything costume wise I’m working on though. That’s all back-burner stuff right now.

Shanazel

Just hanging out at home. Reorganized thread collection. Clearing out paper files. Weather looks pretty decent so will probably go out and pull grass out of the flower beds today. Adding to genealogy files. Taking the dog for a walk later today. Warping a loom. I got lots of stuff to play with at home.

Suzanne Azhaar

(Raided Barbie fabric supplies and unused hepa vacuum bags to make this happen.) Spent yesterday learning how to sew face masks w/ filters, to protect our son and his coworkers. Delivery drivers to grocery stores, pharmacies, and hospitals. Initial steep learning curve (required glass of wine and swear words). We had 24 hours to make this happen. After the first one hubby and I had an assembly line going. Filters can be microwaved to kill off virus. Mask washed daily. Don't touch face during work day. Remember cross contamination. Wash hands often.

90949981_10222057432852832_3565296401594187776_n.jpg

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Speaking of sewing machines, I rebuilt the wooden base for my 1918 Singer today - waiting for the new Tolex covering to arrive.

Suzanne Azhaar

Followed his directions with a few adjustments. Marked center of mask, then centered bridge wire, then shaped it. Exchanged elastic ear pieces for single 29" piece of elastic. (Down through one end, up through the other, tie in knot). Much more comfortable / increase likelihood of being worn. For filter, unused hepa filter bag from vacuum cleaner. Shaped like a house. (Rectangle with triangle on top.)

Last edited:

Suzanne Azhaar

Barbie technique for washing corona virus masks- empty mason jar, fill 1/2 way with hot water and detergent. Shake for five minutes. Empty and rinse with hot water (repeat process). Allow to dry in sun. Wash container and your hands. Remember to remove the filter and zap in the microwave first. Then wash mask without the filter. Once dry reinstall filter.

Last edited:

Shanazel

Day two of working from home, though I had to go down to the museum a couple of times yesterday to get what I needed. Will have to make one run today because I can't find my favorite source of range maps on line and need the address. Can find the site, but it is so damned hard to navigate on it that it will be easier just to go to my work computer and email the page address to myself. Hate it when a site decides to become new and "improved" and fails miserably. Expect to get laid off at the end of this pay period. :(

prince ali baba

Looks like fun Zorba. Practiced learning some dance moves on youtube recently with a Julia Naidenko video. Think I'm going to try with the Shimmy tv series again now that Tubi TV and Amazon Prime have all the episodes up now.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Looks like fun Zorba. Practiced learning some dance moves on youtube recently with a Julia Naidenko video. Think I'm going to try with the Shimmy tv series again now that Tubi TV and Amazon Prime have all the episodes up now.
yea - but not as much fun as a "regular" class - but whatcha gonna do? It works fairly well for drills, for practicing a veil choreography not so much...

Suzanne Azhaar

Walked dog on ditch path yesterday. Saw exactly four seperate people on the other side of the ditch. Smiled, shouted hello and waved to all. (Hubby- stop it! You look desperate for human interaction.) They all smiled, waved, and greeted in return. So I'm not the only one digital socializing isn't cutting it for. ;)

Ariadne

No, no you are not.

Our entire family has gotten on discord and we use the voice chat function to talk on and off all day and it is still not enough.

Shanazel

Family of introverts here. Low levels of interaction with others is the norm for us. We miss having my daughter and her husband visit. She has been working graves for months so we haven't seen them more than a glimpse since Thanksgiving anyway. Main change for my husband and me has been having our grandson more often than not since both parents work in high exposure jobs. Adventures in home schooling is the order of the day.

My writers group met yesterday via Zoom. That was kinda cool.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
My BD teacher says she's ready to drown her family in their pool! The good news is the stir craziness is getting a lot of projects done - I did some work on the car yesterday that I've been putting off - and I'm going to wax them both today, just as soon as I'm done drinking this Coca-Cola. But to make sure I have plenty to do, I just bought myself a Jeep! Even made myself a meme:

zorba-meme.png