Hey from Philadelphia

tokyoniights

Well I'm Jennifer. Truthfully I have no confidence and a horrible case of social anxiety that literally paralyzes me when it comes to meeting new people and keeping friends. Honestly if I were to have one wish, I wish I could learn as much as I can about belly dancing so that I can build my confidence. When I am alone and practicing (to the few tapes I have) I feel alive and free. For now this is just a silent thing that I wish could turn into something special. I wish for once I could be someone special.

gisela

Super Moderator
Hi Jennifer and welcome! I hope you will feel at ease here :)
You know, I have some confidence-issues too and it is often very hard to see one's own specialness even though it IS there.
Good luck with your dancing and hope to see you around the forum.
Gisela

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Hi Jennifer, welcome to the forum. Before I started Bellydancing I had very little confidence, and one day i deceided with much trepidation to join a class. I have never looked back, I did my first student performance with a group after 2 months of learning, I look back on that performance and groan, but was proud of myself for actually getting up and doing it. I still get very nervous and worry about performing, but it gets easier as the years go by. No one knows that I lack confidence now, they all think I am quite calm and collected. Mind you once on the dance floor and the music starts you do feel good about it all. It kind of takes away all the nerves and fears.

I hope one day you can find a spark of confidence to take those first steps to finding a class and attending, I know you will love it, and other students are always welcoming, because so many have been in the same boat.

I hope you will enjoy being part of the forum.... maybe we will all give you some confidence along the way:D
~Mosaic