Clarification on term "Six week wonders"

Darshiva

That's a very difficult one. I'm going to say no, with a qualification.

I don't think it was wise of her to start teaching with so little under her belt, HOWEVER, she did the sensible thing & went off to learn how to teach. I would assume that the content in her class would be limited, but that as time progressed it would improve vastly as if she's dedicated enough to train to teach she's probably dedicated enough to continue her dance training. Her early students would certainly suffer, but the likelihood is that she would eventually become a competent teacher & overcome her initial shortcomings.

I would have discouraged her from jumping the gun so early with teaching, but in the end I think she did things the right way at the wrong pace. So no to her being a six-week wonder, but yes, I do think that she jumped into teaching way too early.

Last edited:

Amanda (was Aziyade)

That's a very difficult one. I'm going to say no, with a qualification.

I don't think it was wise of her to start teaching with so little under her belt, HOWEVER, she did the sensible thing & went off to learn how to teach. I would assume that the content in her class would be limited, but that as time progressed it would improve vastly as if she's dedicated enough to train to teach she's probably dedicated enough to continue her dance training. Her early students would certainly suffer, but the likelihood is that she would eventually become a competent teacher & overcome her initial shortcomings.

I would have discouraged her from jumping the gun so early with teaching, but in the end I think she did things the right way at the wrong pace. So no to her being a six-week wonder, but yes, I do think that she jumped into teaching way too early.

agree totally. Not a 6-week wonder, but she should have made her own training and her own progress a priority.