Thought Provoking Belly Dance Costumes: the good, the bad and the hideous

Amulya

The the 'enlightened' dancer....
(the lights look fluffy and that triangle is weird)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 25

Daimona

The the 'enlightened' dancer....
(the lights look fluffy and that triangle is weird)

That was the easy way of using lights. The easiest way isn't always the best way...

Although, fluffy, strangely placed lights aren't the only thing that appears to be thought provoking with this costume. It could be interesting to see a picture of the costume with the lights turned off...

Harry

That was the easy way of using lights. The easiest way isn't always the best way...

Although, fluffy, strangely placed lights aren't the only thing that appears to be thought provoking with this costume. It could be interesting to see a picture of the costume with the lights turned off...

It might also be interesting to see the costume 'in use'... I don't think every dancer could make this work.

Aniseteph

It's cumulatively thought provoking. Central barf might work, although not if it's see through in a critical area, but then the bra :confused:... I suppose the one distracts the eye from the other.

Thanks for the chance to see the wonkyboob technicolour crochet bra again, in the pics at the top. :D :D :D Absolute classic UBDC (come on, that's plain ugly, I stand by the opinion and refuse to use polite euphemisms).

Shanazel

Way to take a stand, girl! None of that PC nonsense. Some things are truly hideous and no amount of adjustment will salvage the beasts.

Shanazel

The location in which the back gold panel is attached removes all possibility of okay, Harry. ;) I prefer the alien harness to the bustle blurt.

Harry

Hmmm... I see what you mean, Shan. That's what I get for looking at these things with my smartphone. :redface: Much clearer on the desktop. So, ok, the 'bustle blurt' has gotta go, as well.

Harry

That's right, Shan. Smartphone screens may cause one to occasionally miss some detail, but otherwise, they aren't bad. Farasha Hanem shared a really great video of Cassandra Fox on her FB page, and it was absolutely great watching it on my BlackBerry! BTW, remembering the topic of this thread, Cassandra wore a beautiful costume. :D

If I've learned nothing else around here, the dancer has to select, or create, a costume that works best for him/her. That would be Rule #1. Rule #2 may be to produce something thought to be really snazzy, but Rule #1 can't be overlooked. :naghty:

Shanazel

Serious thoughts provoked. Viewer discretion advised.

Attachments

• ubdc 2.jpg
    ubdc 2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 135
  • ubdc 3.gif
    ubdc 3.gif
    45.4 KB · Views: 126
  • ubdc 4.jpg
    ubdc 4.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 129
  • ubdc 5.jpg
    ubdc 5.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 131
  • ubdc 6.jpg
    ubdc 6.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 121
  • ubdc 7.jpg
    ubdc 7.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 125
  • ubdc1.jpg
    ubdc1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 130

Shanazel

The amateurish quality of the above items is appalling, both in design and execution. One wonders why Isis Exchange would even stock such poor merchandise unless its buyer is being blackmailed by an unscrupulous and untalented cousin who wants to be a designer.

And yes, I am being judgmental- I think they suck. :dance:

Darshiva

I reckon that the second one could be rescued by removing the belly drape and the sixth one could be rescued by removing the feathers. Two minutes of unpicking on the first and ten on the second and I get $10 worth of free fringing and an awesome practice boa for burly as well as two low-end costumes for beginners to personalise/bling up.

Amulya

I reckon that the second one could be rescued by removing the belly drape and the sixth one could be rescued by removing the feathers. Two minutes of unpicking on the first and ten on the second and I get $10 worth of free fringing and an awesome practice boa for burly as well as two low-end costumes for beginners to personalise/bling up.

the cups need to be turned a bit too for it to become a costume that would fit a al human.