Allow Saudi Women To Drive

Shakti

Amazing interview with Manal. As we remember our Mom's this upcoming Mothers Day, please remember Saudi mothers also in their struggle to drive a car in Saudi Arabia.

khanjar

Not sure it has changed, but when I was there in the early eighties, women could not as a passenger sit in the front of a car, but if it has changed, then it is a step in the right direction and time will tell.

Shakti

Wow, not allowed to sit in the front seat...that is a shame. I have a FB friend from there, she never mentioned that. I do not ask her to much about the situation there because I do not know who can read what she writes. Though, she has in so many words mentioned her displeasure about not being able to drive. She wants to go back to Egypt where driving is an option but is waiting until after the elections there to possibly return.

Meera

What a brave woman! I hope more women start thinking like her and push for rights to drive. And from what I know about Saudi Arabia Im not sure if it's illgeal for them to be in the front seat but I know most upper class women have a driver to take them where the want to go and I think they do have to sit in the back.