Beaufiful oldstyle AmCab

Maria_Aya

Hi all !!!
As much as I adore Egyptian style, a good performance IS a good performance no matter what style.
And when it comes for AmCab its what we all had in our mind (the westernones) before we learned more on bellydance.
So here is Anaheed, dancing just beautiful and enjoyable.

hope you enjoy it
Maria Aya:D

Gia al Qamar

Maria,
Isn't she wonderful! Thank you for sharing!
Here in the NY Metro area we see a lot of great 'old school' AmCab style dancing...it can be done quite beautifully and with a subtle grace!
Gia

Aisha Azar

Dance

Dear Aya,
Absolutely lovely!! Good American Oriental is a joy to behold! She very much reminds me of the dancers in Portland, Oregon, many years ago. Most of the bands there were Greek then, but the Americans danced to the music just as Anaheed does in this clip.
Regards,
A'isha

Suheir

Very nice clip! It's great to see zill-playing that really complements the dancing, rather than drowning it out. :D

adiemus

And once again I love the costume!!!
Actually, I don't think I had this style in mind when I first started dancing, because I'd only seen one other dance, and otherwise it was all from YouTube! But I would have been inspired had I seen it, lovely stuff. Are there any others like that out there? Would be great to continue the thread of really good dancers from 'non-egyptian' style, so we can see what's great rather than so quickly pick out what's awful (there are so many of those it's hard to miss them!!)

Moon

Have posts disappeared from this thread? I'm sure I posted a reply here and someone else asked Shanazel what "Poifeckly gawjus!" was :think:

KuteNurse

I loved watching her too. I loved her handwork...The Lotus flower is it called? Her costume was beautiful and I loved the floor work. I do have a question however, what is AmCam? I trying googling it and nothing came up. Thankyou Maria:)

Salome

Administrator
I loved watching her too. I loved her handwork...The Lotus flower is it called? Her costume was beautiful and I loved the floor work. I do have a question however, what is AmCam? I trying googling it and nothing came up. Thankyou Maria:)

AmCab is short for American Cabaret (belly dance).

oooh nice !!!

i saw anaheed 4 years ago she was amazing! but i don't get to see her often...and finally a nicely done clip softer side of classic american oriental.

KuteNurse

Have posts disappeared from this thread? I'm sure I posted a reply here and someone else asked Shanazel what "Poifeckly gawjus!" was :think:

Moon, I think they have. I even said on another thread, I could have sworn I posted here. The BellyDance ghost has struck!

Moon

Indeed.. I posted that before I found out that it happened in a lot of threads.

Well I'll just make my original post again then (for as far as I can remember ;))

My idea of bellydance before I knew anything about it was a lot of shimmies and isolated movements. Definitely not floorwork.
I did like this performance though, although I prefer less floorwork. Nice costume, too.