dancing from Luxor

Caroline_afifi

Lovely, Caroline, the first one is so nice to see, such simplicity and honesty.

The second one similarly so, though I have seen that one before and was only disappointed I could not understand the language of the narrator, as I feel it was saying good things, the reality, the truth.

Does it not make anyone yearn for a simpler life?

well it depends on what you mean by simpler life? :think:

Personal/community pressures and politics exsist just about everywhere and Luxor is no exception...;)

khanjar

Simple to me in those videos was just the gathering of people to play music and dance in the street, one a wedding, the other a gathering at night. No electronics, just live instruments and people playing those instruments. That to me is a simple part of life.

Freddie

Brilliant!

The first one reminded me of the Nile scene in Latcho Drom - although obviously contrived it had a very natural feel and the dancing and music (Bambi Saidi) were magic.

BTW what was that small white creature that goes running across the floor about 2/3 of the way thru the first one? Was it a dog, a cat or a big fast rat?

Anyway here's that bit from Latcho Drom (crossing fingers here that the embed works ...) AIWA

YouTube - Bambi Saidi (Latcho Drom)

Last edited:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Gosh the men sure can jump high and gracefully at that.

Loved the Luxor marriage one, I wish we had, had the opportunity to see a wedding... maybe next time if I am lucky.
Thanks for those Caroline
~Mosaic