El Baharra

Maria_Aya

Just amazing !!!!!!!!!
4 months ago I did this choreo with Aida Riad !!!
and we did the spoon playing also, she gave us her own spoons that looked like these ones, connected one with the other !!!
She explained us everything, everymeaning about the smallest movement on this choreo, and she mentioned that years ago she had danced it...
Now I was looking the brunette dancer but doesnt look like Aida Riad, but again maybe this video is 30 years ago..

Thank you very much, for me its precious since didnt had video of the choreo and have the music, and had forgoten some parts, now I can teach it to my students, and present it again !!! :)

Maria Aya:D

gypsy8522

You're welcome :) I've seen youtube users comment saying the brunette is Aida Riyad. Mushira and Aida were dancing together in the same troupe and they both switched to acting. I know what Aida looked like when she was younger, I'm 100% sure the girl in this video isn't her.

Maria_Aya

Actually the lesson i had was tought by both of them Aida Riad and Ousama Eman, and it was a pitty that because it wasnt a "flashy subject" we were only 3 people in class (but ofcourse great for us since we had a unique lesson) ;)

Maria Aya:)

janaki

Tks gypsy again fo great clips!! I loved them both.

Can some one explain the first part of the dance in the first clip?? It is vey much like Reda style???

I have seen the turkish spoon dance, I have never seen the tongs like spoons and dancing with them. I would very much appreciate if you guys can explain this spoon dance.

Many many thanks in advance!