Fit for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

sstacy123

Ahhh...I just typed out a long reply and hit a button and it took it away...boo...okay see if I can do it again...

I want to lose weight for a few reasons...i've never been the weight I've wanted to be, always a few pounds heavier. If i don't keep my weight in check I believe I could become very overweight...and I'm 26, I think now is the time, I don't have kids yet and they say it doesn't get easier as you age. I feel better when I eat better. (and when I'm active although still not very active)..and most of my clothes haven't been fitting me...

Well I have more french fry (or chips as some in other corners of the world call them) cravings but I do enjoy my desserts so (not specifically chocolate) I have a 100 calorie cup of ice cream each day...

I've done the water thing before and I just don't like it, it starts sloshing in your stomach...and then I'd have to give up my diet sodas (I already had to give up my mountain dews :mad: ) I want to give up the diet sodas too, but that is just too much too fast.

Oh, yeah I've got a quote on my desk that says don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today.

miss_shimmy

hiya stacey ,lovely to hear from you :)

so what action are you going to take to start towards your goal?it all starts with baby steps..one step at a time.

what do you envision the end results to be?

I have done great today,only slight cravings,feeling better and better
geting slimmer by the day.
last night I put on a lacey vest,it never would go over my shoulders before..alas now it fits!!!!YIPEEEEEE!!!

I have let my body rest today.got on top of the house work,feels good.an early night tonight I thihnk ready for dancing in the morning.

love and light

:)

sstacy123

hiya stacey ,lovely to hear from you :)

so what action are you going to take to start towards your goal?it all starts with baby steps..one step at a time.

what do you envision the end results to be?

Well I am taking baby steps. Right now the focus is primarily on calorie consumption. I have a handy program on my pda to help with that. Right now I've virtually eliminated regular sodas (I haven't had any since I've started but will at some point have one) And I'm staying away from fast food :( . I guess that is the main things I'm doing now. (Even when I'm being bad I have fat free milk, ff cheese, olive oil so that was already in place) I've been trying to eat more fruit.

I do want to increase the water I drink and virtually eliminate the diet soda. I want to rely less on lean cuisine type dinners and more on natural foods. I want to learn to eat more veggies (I hate veggies) And I want to start exercising, cardio, weights, and yoga regularly. So I want to slowly put more emphasis on the health aspect of it.

The end results would be to acomplish all of this and maintain it...to not let my weight go up and down and no more belly pooching out...and to not to have to go on blood pressure meds like everyone in my family has had to do...and hopefully the better fitness to help with my dance as well...In 2006 I said it was the year and it started off well...up until March when I went on vacation to Cali and on that trip I took a vacation from my eating habits (although I think I got plenty of exercise walking around disneyland) when I came back I couldn't get back to it...anyway, I was just saying to someone that I don't like to lie and have never been one to lie too much...so I don't think it is acceptable that I lied to myself about last year being the year so I must do it this year.

Moon

Yesterday I bought like 50 maderins and no crisps or chocolate.
Also I practiced dance again yesterday, made me feel so happy :dance:

Sstacy said:
want to learn to eat more veggies (I hate veggies)
Really all veggies? Personally I really don't like cooked chicory and andive, especially not when it's cooked for too long. Also peas, sprouts, cooked carrots and cooked spinache are not my favorite. But chicory, carrots and spinache taste great raw as a salad. You can add some fruit you like for more sweet taste. Or you can eat a nice sauce with your cooked veggies to make the taste better. Like vegetable java of conimex, I absolutely love it!

miss_shimmy

well today I started the day with 15 minutes of dance.I chose 3 cards.the taxeem,hip circles and back bends.
I felt a little stiff this morning and was leased to feel every muscle working in my belly especially as I moved.

goals of today
* 3 dance moves
* 3 moves from callanetics
* 3 moves of yoga

I have a busy day.shopping,sculpting,housework,etc,so little chunks here and there will be best for today.

hi girls,stacey I love your focus,you are going to do great at this.I eat alott more veggies and salads now,and feel amazing because of it,i have so much more energy.
moon,well done on making a choice for healthier foods,chocolate is a challenge to quit.after 5 days I no longer have cravings...yey!!and you know,I taste my food so much better,I can now taste the sweetness in apples...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Health & Nutrition

that link tells you lots of inspiring info about apples.

today i am feeling like eating some bananas,going shopping shortly.
the lemon tea and honey in a morning,i now look forward to it,no longer tastes strange.
I got myself a well fitted bra yesterday,feels amazing and it was so nice to be fussed over.I lost weight all over ,but am up a bra cup size:shok:

did 15 minutes of dance this morning,so callan this afternoon and yoga tonight.

love to all

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Moon

Thanks for the link! I should eat more apples again (A few years ago I used to eat 2-3 apples every day.) For a period I ate apples instead of candy, chocolate etc. and I lost quite a lot of weight. I don't want to lose weight as I am slightly underweighted, so I started buying chocolate again...
Oh well, I feel better when I eat enough fruits, vegetables and fibres and drink water, but apparently my body needs some unhealthy stuff to not become underweighted :confused:. Last time I bought plain chocolate, which is the healthiest chocolate, and if I continue to eat fruits it's not too bad I hope? ;)

sstacy123

I hate most veggies...I like carrots okay, lettuce is okay. I can eat spinach in a salad. I could eat it cooked in small amounts when it is cooked in something else...like spinach alfredo pizza....but I guess that isn't on the menu...I'll eat green beans though I don't really like them too much. I'll eat butter peas but I'm not crazy about them...I can tolerate celery. The only veggie I REALLY like that I can think of is corn and I don't think that is the top pick for veggies healthwise. Ooh the cabbage that was in the pyrogie (sp?) in Poland was very good...and I don't normally like cabbage.

Things have still been going well but I'll have to be prepared for them to get hard...

I think as long as it isn't too much chocolate there is no problem especially since you're getting dark chocolate!

miss_shimmy

hiya girls ,how you doing?
you both are doing great.I had a little dark chocolate today ...mmmm:)

its funny you know how your taste changes when you start eating healthy again.
stacy,just go with what you like and find different ways of enjoying it.simple realy is effective.tonight I made new potatoes,boiled them,then put them in the oven with a drop of olive oil on top,some cheese,spring onion,spinach.I served that with a little cabbage-the whole family enjoyed it,including the 2 little ones,they are 2 and 5 years old,it made me soooooo happy!!:) :)

well,I must go and do some ypga and calming dance before bed.doing hip circles,figure 8's and pivot bumps tonight,I made some dance move cards up and they are the three chosen for tonight :)

will be thinking of you,sending you love and light.

you both are inspiration to me,keep up the great work..drink more and more water ,;)

love always

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Babylonia

Mmmmmm those potatos sound delicious. I'm going to have to make those soon. I'd like to start incorporating one or two vegetarian meals a week but it'll have to when hubby's not here since he won't be too into it. Are spring onions green onion/scallions? Was the spinach cooked first?

It is true that your tastes will change. Tonight we're having fresh strawberries for dessert instead of ice cream or cookies.

Moon

I used to eat vegetarion food quite often when I lived with my parents, as my mom and sisters are vegetarians, but my dad and I are not. Problem is, I don't like most vegetarian "meat substitutes". The ones I like were often taken away from the shop's assortment. And I don't like cheese at all :(
And besides that I really really like spicey chicken! I would like to eat organic meat but it's so expensive. Especially when I cook for corridor mates I'll have to buy cheaper stuff otherwise they will no longer sign up for dinner when I'm cooking :lol:

Good to hear you are all happy and doing well!

Babylonia: spring onions:

miss_shimmy

hi girls,lovely to ''see'' you today,babylonia,sounds like you are making great changes too...strawberries for dessert...mmmmmmmmmmmm:)

i have been vegetarian for as long as i can remember,i never liked meat,any kind of meat,i love quorn,hate tofu...ugh!i love making veggie meals,theres not many veggies i don't like,and also its a question of how you cook them.

babylonia the spinach was frozen.i put it on top of the potatoes,then grated over the cheese...in it went,was delish:D

i am realy enjoying getting back into cooking.

best of lucj with your day girls,sending you love as i dance,thanks for being such amazing support and bright lights of inspiration.

love and light

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:dance:

sstacy123

you both are inspiration to me,keep up the great work..drink more and more water ,;)

love always

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh yeah, I love potatoes-forgot about them! I bought me a new scale that is supposed to tell you your body fat percentage, bone mass, body water, muscle mass, and of course weight...all of my readings were good except my body water was below normal...then I checked the message boards and read you saying drink more and more water and I went and grabbed me a bottle...Thanks!

miss_shimmy

Oh yeah, I love potatoes-forgot about them! I bought me a new scale that is supposed to tell you your body fat percentage, bone mass, body water, muscle mass, and of course weight...all of my readings were good except my body water was below normal...then I checked the message boards and read you saying drink more and more water and I went and grabbed me a bottle...Thanks!

great !!!!:) :)

how about we all take body measurements too?and make a challenge for us to work towards?all ideas welcome.:)

do you have any clothing that u would love to fit into?I do,and I am going to get them out and on display :)

love and light

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

belly_dancer

won't eat your veggies???

sstacey..... I was not too fond of veggies either....(but do have to admit I still had MUCH better eating habits than the majority of Americans... but still not as healthy as they should be...reminds me of when my X wanted me to bow down to him cause he paid his child support and on time,,,, "while most men in America don't...." wanting extra praise for doing what you SHOULD be doing anyhow.....????? PLLLLEEEZZZZZEEEE!:rolleyes:)
so ANYHOW>>>> abt 4 years ago I decided I would try to eat an average of 10 servings of veggies a day (look at your calorie counter thingy for what a serving size or ONE PORTION is.... might be bigger (& smaller) than you thought!).... huge salads, (when it was cold & I couldn't stomach cold foods... would do stir fry type things)
AT FIRST it was super hard .... had to force myself... after about a week it got way easier.... after about 3 weeks I actually started LIKING them.... now I even try to buy organic whenever I can....
you need to experiment with different cooking methods/combinations of different vegetables....
do you like V-8... they have low sodium too.... & 6 oz. is a serving... (sort of counts like water, & can replace a diet soda too!)... try choking down 12 oz. in the morning.... (my mom would heat it up like soup... ugggg never got into that!)... but other veggie soups are great! & low cal.... trader joes has some good (organic too!) ones....
also... I used to hate broccoli.. now one of my faves... but I only like it raw, or UNDER cooked.... all my kids actually PREFER their veggies RAW!
(esp. carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, & broccoflower (this one is actually their fave!))...
oh.... & roasted veggies.... YUM.... try cutting up (bite size pieces) a potato, red bell pepper, medium onion, small fennel bulb, small leek(actually quite good cooked, I don't like it raw though!) & maybe any leftovers that will "go" (like broccoli I think is too "strong" but a little cauliflower=ok) toss 'em w/ a tad of olive oil (if counting calories, invest in the spray on kind, one less dish to wash too!) & roast in oven (about 350') stirring every 15 min (about 45 min?) til done (temps & degrees can vary... just check em til they are done the way YOU like "em!)
I also sneak a ton more veggies into spaghetti sauces & stews....
and sauces... 1/2 yougurt & 1/2 strong hummus over broccoli or cauliflower, or baked potatoes...... YUM!!!! & GRILLED eggplant (I SOOOOO HATED EGGPLANT that I SWORE that when I grew up I would NEVER EVER< EVER EVER EAT IT AGAIN (except for baba ganoush of course!).... well apparently my mom was cooking that wrong too!!!! try it grilled... (such a great flavor.... butternut squash is yum cut in 1/2 oiled, then grilled or baked til soft.. (SQUASH was the other thing I was NEVER gonna eat again!)
anyhow...like miss shimmy... (I have been peeking too... wow girl GREAT JOB!!!! not only getting yourself in shape, but for motivating the rest of us to get OFF the couch!).. I will be a good girl... & make my lists...
here are some nutritional goals:
* 10 veggie portions per day (sorry, fruits don't count... think of them as bonus points!)
*NO fast foods ever never ever (no even coffee from the drive thru... unless you are going to pass out while driving & that is your only choice!!)
if you need help on this one, read Fast Food Nation... not so much for what is IN the "food"....now they even have some "healthy" choices.... but ALL the other ways the Fast Food has affected the planet... I just cannot support that!
*NO "junk" foods (meaning anything packaged)... OK so I do occasionally buy veggies (mostly sauces) in cans... & pasta (& soups) in boxes.... but if you want a cookie.... at least make it from scratch!!!! again, not only bad for you, but all that packaging is sooooo bad for the planet (even trader joes w/ all their packaged veggies..... soo sad....)
*of course your water (try w/ lemon, or lime!)
*try shopping LOCALLY again, soooo much better for the planet... how much does it cost (pollution wise) to drag a pound of cherries (yum!) 1/2 way (literally!) across the world??
* and of course ORGANIC (did you know APPLES have one of the highest pesticide rates recorded?? my kid's doc actually recommended NOT to feed them apples (pesticides concentrate more in little ones as they weigh soo much less & eat proportionately more!) unless organic!)
SO there is soo much more... but if you actually got through all this... (thanks!) remember... miss shimmy again.... BABY steps.... we all must make choices.... soon it becomes automatic... buying a bag of bagged carrots instead of a bag of chips.... (then EVENTUALLY an organic carrot from the farmer down the street!) salad instead of fries... if you must fast food it....slowly the choices for you & the planet get better!!!
I am still not all organic or local.... & I will NOT give up coffee of wine!!!
GOOD luck on ALL for everyone!!
peace

Babylonia

belly_dancer:Thanks for the info. I'm going to see if my library has that book. 10 servings of veggies is wonderful you're right about it being easier than you think although I don't accomplish it as often as I should. But I am continualy trying to improve and I'm really working on eating whole foods. I haven't bought cookies in a long time to keep temptation out of the house, but I do keep the makings on hand. If I really must absolutely have some then I have to get off my butt and work for it.

miss shimmy: What type of cheese did you use? I want to make these potatoes for dinner Friday.

sstacy: What brand is your scale? Was it expensive? It sounds fabulous.

sstacy123

Yes, measurements are a good idea...although I always seem to have trouble with them...I could measure myself 3 times in a row and get different numbers and I'm not always sure the exact spot to measure, but I'll give it a try.

The scale I got is by Curves, I got it from Avon and it was on sale for I think about $35 USD

miss_shimmy

goals for today...

* dance and yoga with rachel brice - morning
* 3 moves of callanetics - afternoon
* ballet with NYCB - evening

To dance is to be out of yourself. Larger, more beautiful, more powerful. ~Agnes De Mille

hi all,babylonia,use the chese of your choice,i used cheshire cheese,of course you wont have that there...its a white crumbly creamy cheese.

don't forget your water girls,small sips regularly,have water with you always:)

thankx belly dancer for sharing.

love to all on this beautiful day.

yours in dance

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

Sara

I LOVE Chesire cheese. Like to bits.

Unfortunately I haven't even been able to exercise much these past two days cause I have a really bad throat, glands and nose. :( I hate it sooo much. I wouldn't mind either but I've bin on antibiotics for 5 months exactly today, and so I shunt of even got one. :mad:

Anyways... I find that one way I get motivated is by watching You tube clips, or I print pictures out of people I really envy (in a good way) and people who inspire me a lot. Then I feel more motived.

I think I'll take up that measurement thing. I want to lose weight on my waist down. So I'll pop off and find my tape measure. And I think some paracetamol too :think:

Moon

Hi all,

Sara, I hope you get better soon.

I just remembered something which could be useful for the veggies-haters. If you have a juicer, just make juice of the horrible healthy veggies you hate so much, and throw in some fruits you like, to make it even more healthier and the taste much better!!!

I can't practice dance at the moment, cause the furniture store delivered my new double bed, but they won't deliver the bottom for the bed until late February! So now my room is packet with large pieces of wood and two enormous mattrasses for at least the next month and there is hardly space to walk :protest:
To make things worse it will be storming this afternoon and tonight, so I'm about to miss my dance lesson...
Ok, let's see things positive again now...
At least I already ate 2 fruits today :)

miss_shimmy

sara!!!how great to hear from you,ooh you get your inspiration in simular ways to me :)
oh yes cheshire cheese is lovely isnt it :)

my measurements...

december 30th :

* upper arms ~ 14inch
* wrists ~ 7inch
* bust ~ 43inch
* under bust ~ 35 inch
* waist ~ 37inch
* hips ~ 39 inch
* thigh ~ 22inch
* neck ~ 14inch
* shoulders ~ 39 inch
* calf ~14 1/2 inch

january 17th:

* upper arms ~ 12 inch
* wrists ~ 61/2 inch
* bust ~ 41 inch
* under bust ~ 34 inch
* waist ~ 35 inch
* hips ~ 38 inch
* thigh ~ 21inch
* neck ~ 13inch
* calf ~13 inch

I had a great session with Rachel Brice this morning,did the longest session.realy needed that.I am alott stronger and my dance posture felt much more natural,thats why I am doing ballet every evening,its so so good for your posture.

Ok, let's see things positive again now...
At least I already ate 2 fruits today

yey moon,thats awesome!!!maybe for bellydance you could do some moves whilst you sit on the side of your bed or a chair or something?that way at least you are doing something.

I am practising 3 moves whilst sitting today~

* chest raises - 50
* belly rolls - 50
* hip circles. - 50

love and light

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.