Found my first competition to enter

goddessyasaman

I'm so upset right now I can't go to my performance this month cause of car issuse my lame car broke down and is in the shop won't be done till after my festival so I had to cancel my slot and photo shoots but I'm going to take the photo shoots another time :( , so i started looking for other performances events in my area and came across this belly dance event for this year.

BELLYDANCE NATIONALS HOME

have any of you ladys entered this one before, or heard about it, I live in the same state so I think I want to try it out.

MissVega

I've been and competed! It was a great experience. I would absolutely recommend it. The only thing I can really criticize was the stage. I felt it could have been better, it was a temporary stage in a hotel ballroom. And there were a couple of issues with the music/sound system, but nothing major. Standard hiccups that I've seen at many bellydance events as far as music technology goes. I think technology just doesn't like to behave when people need it to lol!
The staff is great, other competitors were great, hotel was lovely, atmosphere was lovely.
I competed in Fusion solo (1st runner up and people's choice winner)
and the National Champion Category (8th).
My memory is a bit foggy but I believe there were 15 or so in Fusion and 23 or so in National Champion. But might be wrong. I know there were over 20 in National Champion though.

Greek Bonfire

I hope you have no problems entering this one! Maybe it was meant to be that this competition be your first? Who knows - in any event, best of luck!!

goddessyasaman

I've been and competed! It was a great experience. I would absolutely recommend it. The only thing I can really criticize was the stage. I felt it could have been better, it was a temporary stage in a hotel ballroom. And there were a couple of issues with the music/sound system, but nothing major. Standard hiccups that I've seen at many bellydance events as far as music technology goes. I think technology just doesn't like to behave when people need it to lol!
The staff is great, other competitors were great, hotel was lovely, atmosphere was lovely.
I competed in Fusion solo (1st runner up and people's choice winner)
and the National Champion Category (8th).
My memory is a bit foggy but I believe there were 15 or so in Fusion and 23 or so in National Champion. But might be wrong. I know there were over 20 in National Champion though.

Thanks for the Info, this was very helpful:D