Greek Bellydancer !!!

chryssanthi sahar

Hey, this is Lia Verra from Thessaloniki a gorgeous and very talented young dancer and a friend of mine:D She has become quite famous in Greece and also in other places in Europe and she really deserves it:clap:

Greek Bonfire

Alexandra from Greece is also wonderful. Sorry I don't have any videos to attach but she is listed a lot on YouTube.

SaiyukiFG

AMAZING! I love that sort of "bam! Here I am!" look. I was told Greek dancers are mostly cabaret. Is that true?

SaiyukiFG

That is good to know. I am a quarter Greek. My bopi came from Greece shortly after he was born. Sadly, he has passed away and I have no one to teach me about my heritage. I would like to belly dance in a way that connects me to that heritage.

Greek Bonfire

That is good to know. I am a quarter Greek. My bopi came from Greece shortly after he was born. Sadly, he has passed away and I have no one to teach me about my heritage. I would like to belly dance in a way that connects me to that heritage.

Go to GreekShops.com - Greek Music, Video, Hats, Tshirts, Folk Art, Food, and 5000 other products from Greece and get a video of Athan Karras. He teaches Greek dance and gives a great start to learning. He was the leading authority on Greek dancing in the US until his death this past February. I wish he would've made more videos though. They also have a monthly newsletter that explains a lot of the areas in all of the Greek communities in the Mediterranean.

I too have fused Greek dancing with bellydance and it's a challenge because Greek music and ME music does vary with the Greek dance steps. But I think it can be done.

Marya

Where in Oregon are you? The Portland area has a very strong folkdance community which includes a lot of Greek dancers.

Marya