Haidia's Ultimate dvd set?

Suhad

Hadia's Ultimate dvd set?

Any reviews on this? I read the hype on the website (sorry if I offend by saying that, I don't mean to disparage) but I hesitate to spend that kind of money if it's not worth the price...please feel free to PM me if you don't want to post publicly.

Thanks!

Last edited:

zahra

Hi Suhad!

It is excellent! Hadia is a professional dancer in
flamenco and belly dance. She is an wonderful instructor and
breaks down the moves very well. I have all of her older
videos and the Ultimate dvd.

I took a seminar with her in Canada. I have never seen
a more caring instructor, and her technique was flawless.
She stayed after to answer everyones questions.
She gave everyone individual time in a large class.

She is also a massage therapist, and gave a great cool
down after class.

I admire her for all the hard work she has done for belly dance.
She really is a dancer's dancer....

If you are in the States, Dahlal carries many of her dvds.

You are wise to ask, there are some instructors who
have a limited background but produce a dvd.

Last edited:

Amanda (was Aziyade)

Hey Suhad - I have this and her original 6-video set. I think personally this dvd set is more geared to the beginner than her original 6-volume set.

Is it worth getting? Depends on how long you've been studying Egyptian style. The 4-dvd set teaches a short "easy" choreography (made up of some movement combinations) and an intermediate choreo - both to pop songs, if I remember correctly. She teaches technique inside the choreo. Disc 1 is mostly the warmup/alignment routine, and disc 4 is the cooldown/stretch.

personally I much prefer volumes 1-3 of the original set, although she doesn't really break down the technique like she does in the 4-volume set.

Suhad

Thanks for the responses and reviews.

I have never studied Egyptian style as a separate dance; the instructor I am taking from now has had extensive training in it but she doesn't limit herself to teaching, or doing, only that.

We are learning how to do accordion 'solos' for lack of a better word right now in class. I love the phrasing of it, and the interaction between the accordion and the drum, and how you can play off both.

I think my biggest hurdle is the same one I've dealt with all along -- I live more than an hour away from the closest ME restaurant, and while hubby is happy to let me go to class 2 or 3 times a week for the same distance (especially if I combine it with an early work shift) he tends to get a little grumpy about driving that far 'just to watch a dancer' when I can watch Youtube or something at home. That is the main reason I've been looking at getting videos. Watching others, seeing what works and what doesn't, and actually seeing it live up close is what I most want to do and don't get nearly enough of.