hair and make-up

Ok, I know I've only just started, but I really want to look the part. Once I get my costume I want to get my hair and ake-up done well and then get some amazing photographs taken. But....I don't know how to were my hair or make-up.

How do you wear your hair? Mine's quite long and whispy so when I dance it gets in my face, so I usually wear it in a poney-tail, but I would never wear a poney tail in front of the camera.

I usually have dark red lips and really dark eyes, but this doesn't seem to fit thedelicate style of belly dancing.

Show me your photos?

Marisha

Dear Jayms,
You might want to look at the web sites of the many professional dancers who are here on the forum (including our lovely Salome), look for someone who has a similar complection and hair color to you. Also, your make up will need to be different depending whether it's for a photoshoot, or for a student performance on a big stage under bright stage lights, or if it's for a hafla in a small studio. If you are able to stop by a MAC counter (many dancers use their make up)they can give you a free consulation. Ricky's in NYC also sells professional stage make up, but a lot of the products are very heavy so I think MAC or something similar may be a better option. Oh, and if you go to Guest stories there are several really useful articles by Makeda about make up.
Hope this helps a bit!
Marisha