Hello from Maryland!

Chloe

Okay, alot of posts with the same 'Hello From...' greeting. Ahem, anyway, my name is Chloe. Hi all! This is really the first time that I've ever been interested in Oriental dance before. I once took Ballet, eager to get on my toes wearing pointe shoes, but the movements were a bit too complicated for me, and I wasn't in the best shape. Anyway, let's just say that even though I love ballet, it just wasn't for me. But, then when I saw these videos from Youtube of this beautiful girl dancing, I was hooked then and there:

YouTube - My Gothic Vampire Dance- "Beloody"
YouTube - Pirate Belly Dance at Festival on the Nile

I wanted to look like her, I wanted to be beautiful and graceful and strong (I've always been the aloof, clumsy one with my friends/family). So, I made it a top priority to find an instructor close to me. In fact, I did find someone in Frederick, her name is Sitamun (www.sitamun.com). My mom is going to contact her today while I'm at school, and see if I can enroll in summer classes. So..I came here. I'm not sure what kind of Oriental dance I want to do, since I heard there was alot of types, but I want to do what ever that girl (Sereena) was doing in her videos. Yep, that's pretty much it..:dance:

belly taz