Hi

Sita

I'm Sita from the UK. I forgot to introduce myself before posting in other threads but thought I'd introduce myself properly now.
I study Egyptian/Cabaret which I love and am completly addicted too and just recently I started taking folkloric/tribal classes. I also love middle eastern music (and ME food but who wouldn't?;)) and am a huge fan of Natacha Atlas!

So hello to all!

Sita

Sita

:) Funny enough I'm not far from you - I live just outside Ipswich in Suffolk! how's the belly dance scene in Colchester?

Sita

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Sita, nice to have you join us, also hi to you Paulette, I don't think I have welcomed you to the forum.
~Mosaic

Paulette

Hello to Sita from another new Belly dance forum girl , and good day to you down under Mosaic nice to meet you.
x Paulette

jenc

:) Funny enough I'm not far from you - I live just outside Ipswich in Suffolk! how's the belly dance scene in Colchester?

Sita

At the momont I don't have regualr teacher in Colchester - can't get on with with the Egyptian teacher, and the only other Col teacher at the moment is too tribal for me, so I drive to clacton once a week to dance with a lovely egyptian lady who put on a big charity show every year. she is an ex-troupe dancer who used yo tour internationally, but she doesn't do technique!! How are things in Ipswich?? Do you dance with Henrietta or Maureen?

are you going to the summer day of dance??

Sita

Yes, I will be there at the Summer day of dance and look forward to it are you going? I'v booked in to one of the Jim Boz worskshops traveling compositions I think it is and two others.

The scene appears to be growing in Ipswich !! I used to dance with Maureen but she's now had to retire :( so Henrietta's taken over her classes. I have yet to partake of her classes due to timetable clashes :rolleyes: but she's also running a summer school which I'm starting this Thurs. and hope to carry on after summer (uni timetable should change). I've also started Tribal with Sarah I don't know if you know her - she's lovely. :D

Sita

jenc

I will see you there if I remember to send off my cheque. I'm doing that Jim Boz too
Jen