I need a different set of eyes please!

Azrael

I am busy designing a costume and I need a fresh set of eyes to please look at one of my "patterns" for the belt. I want to bead this in gold on a maroon belt base. I'm still not entirely sure how I'm going to do it, but I know I want to do the outline in bugle beads.

What I'm trying to avoid is the classic "Oh, it looks like a sad face!" we so often get in the TPBDC thread! I know that a fresh pair of eyes might spot something I don't... :) So any help would be appreciated! (and any advice on sewing it!)

This would go on the front of the belt, I don't yet have a design for the back...

MissVega

Pretty! Nice drawing skills, my costume idea sketches always look like I was drunk when I drew them, or like a little kid scribbled it down lol. I have no skills in that department.

You could always just buy the appliques and sew them onto the belt base which is what I do since I dont' have the time to make the appliques as well.

Sequin Appliques, Rhinestone,Trim,Venice Lace, Glory's House
Not sure if she ships internationally but she has some great stuff and I have ordered from her before.

also Sequin Appliques Home)

Azrael

Pretty! Nice drawing skills, my costume idea sketches always look like I was drunk when I drew them, or like a little kid scribbled it down lol. I have no skills in that department.

You could always just buy the appliques and sew them onto the belt base which is what I do since I dont' have the time to make the appliques as well.

Sequin Appliques, Rhinestone,Trim,Venice Lace, Glory's House
Not sure if she ships internationally but she has some great stuff and I have ordered from her before.

also Sequin Appliques Home)

Thanks, MissVega!

Unfortunately, shipping to SA is usually so expensive it makes it not worth it to buy online [internationally]. And we don't have shops like that here where I could buy the appliques ready made.

I don't mind making it :) I just want to avoid it looking like a giant squid, a deflated balloon or a pair of eyes!! haha

Shanazel

I like the side designs very much, but overall it looks a little like an angel head with deer antlers. Could you perhaps adjust the center circle so it doesn't get mistaken for a head or face? Maybe continue the side designs further into the center and not leave such a rounded space?

Last edited: