i want to meet Rachel Brice...one day!

Gia al Qamar

I don't know of one person who's met her who didn't think that she was upbeat, sweet, talented, beautiful, knowledgeable, great all around!
I had the honor of lugging her strong-box of jewelry up a flight of stairs in Manhattan before her workshop...she was struggling with too much stuff and a taxi door! I learned more than what she taught in the workshop that day...
Gia

Recnadocir

I took class with Rachel before she was famous. She taught at Gold's Gym in San Francisco, and another place. Then I would see her at Suhaila's classes occasionally. Later, I saw her at Tribal Cafe, after she had started touring with the Superstars. She gave me a kiss on the cheek, and I gushed, "I'll never wash there again!"

Suhaila didn't pursue the Superstars thing, though she is at a higher level, in my opinion, than anyone in that group. I've worked with Grover Dale as well (original West Side Story cast, two Tony awards), and other people who have been at the top in the dance world. I guess because I've always felt like I belonged there too, and would get there someday, I've never been intimidated by meeting people like that. Respect their achievements, of course, but I don't get all obsequious around them. They put their pants on one leg at a time, as the saying goes.

yamiharu

I would really love to meet a bellydance superstar... I must confess I would feel intimidated though :rolleyes:

I don´t know I feel so inspired by these dancers... for example Rachel Brice is the result of hard work and dreams.. I don't know I read an interview and I felt admiration because she never gave up to her dreams... aawww.....

Well I hope I didn't sound too weird :p.... it's just that there is a before and an after in my life when I started to bellydance :D.....

kisses to everyone...

Yamiharu

Babylonia

I met BDSS Bozenka at a BD Meet-Up and she was very nice and informative. She was also gracious enough to pass around her gold crown that she won in Egypt. It takes more than talent to be a BDSS, it's a lot of hard work and dedication because the rigors of touring and rehearsals can be extremely demanding.

miss_shimmy

hi

I don´t know I feel so inspired by these dancers... for example Rachel Brice is the result of hard work and dreams.. I don't know I read an interview and I felt admiration because she never gave up to her dreams... aawww.....

Well I hope I didn't sound too weird :p.... it's just that there is a before and an after in my life when I started to bellydance .....

kisses to everyone...

Yamiharu

Its wonderful to be inspired isnt it?you dont sound wierd at all,I cannot understand how I lived before I danced,it makes me feel so complete.

thats awesome crystal,I remember when you just hyad that experiance,wonderful,I wish i was there with you for sure,who knows,maybe one day I will be...I do live to my dreams.and you know theres nothing wrong with keeping those dreams safe and believing in them.

I wish every dancer here love and respect.

you are amazing x:) :)