Isis wing, assaya & Khaleegy in one song by Tito

Pirika Repun

I found this video last night. :shok:

This is Tito's group number but not with his golden something girls. Anyway, I'm pretty sure this is his choreography, but I feel very strange. I like Tito, and I watched his video a lot. For his solo number, I feel he is with music and I feel that he knows the music, and dance with his emotion. However, this number I don't know if I feel his emotion or fit to music.

I know Tito teaches Isis wing at Nile Group festival, and he is pretty good for assaya/saidi but something bothers me for this choreography. I don't know if Khaleegy part (hair swing, shoulder shimmies) is really match to the music. Maybe more experienced members in here can tell or explain better than me if this part is fit to khaleegy or not. Maybe just too many dancers on small stage, and so many things going on that's why I feel busy and not feel right? I'm not sure. :think: Or maybe I know and learn Tarik's choreography of this song, and I like his version is better, so maybe that's why I don't feel from Tito? But some other songs they both do, usually I like them both, but not this one. :(

There is two videos for this song, but the other is bad angle, and sound is not good. However, you can see entire choreography that start with floor work with isis wing. Anyway, what do you feel or think about this?

Here is Isis wing with floor work (bad angle, and sound)

Aniseteph

I am starting to get so over Isis Wings. :confused:

I didn't think they were a great fit to the music, or that they worked with those dresses: the sleeves especially messed up the line of the wings, so it was very visually distracting with all that fabric flapping about.

What was the context of this - had the others learnt it in a workshop and were just doing the routine together, or is it a proper dance company stage show? If the latter I agree, distracting and I'd rather just watch Tito :)clap:)- the other dancers didn't really add anything to the overall performance for me.

I didn't understand the Khaleegy hair swinging either.

EDIT - here's another version

Last edited:

Pirika Repun

Hi Aniseteph

Thank you for the other more Tito's solo version of the same song. I like this version much better than group version. Maybe too many people on small stage. However, I still don't like hair swing part....

The group version was in Spein and I beleive the lady bring Tito every year. I think these dancers are her students who took Tito's WS and learn this choreography. So, maybe that's why we don't feel anything from other dancers. I assume they even didn't have enough time to reharsal for the show. That case I like Stockholm's show better, because only group isis dancer and Tito get together few seconds.

I look at the guy Tito brough on to stage, and I think that is Yousry Sharif. I checked his schedule, and he was in Stockholm, so maybe they were together??? :think:

Caroline_afifi

Firstly, I think Tito is a great dancer and I love watching him.

For me, this performance and choreography is what happens when people travel and see the kitch of the world and fall in love with it... or think that this is what you have to do because that is what everyone wants and it sells.

Or maybe he is enjoying experimenting?

either way, it is not the Tito I saw in his home habitat for years.. Alf Leyla is considered the 'Disney of Sharm' but it has nothing on this sort of spectacle :lol:.

nouraki

I found this video last night. :shok:

Nothing bothers me cause I was watching just Tito.;) :D:D
ok,In the end... rhythm reminds me khalege but I would like to see this part with moving on the stage. You understand what I mean?I think it could be better connection with music if they moved with the kaliji steps than be in the same place. :(

Aniseteph

I think these dancers are her students who took Tito's WS and learn this choreography.

That makes much more sense. If it was a touring production I'd be a bit more :confused: - but as a local participation event I get it. Context eh?

(well, I get it except the hair bit :lol:)

Jeanne

Yeah, I don't get the Khaleegi hair toss either, or the inclusion of dancers in thobes -- doesn't seem to fit with the music. I didn't really understand why the dancers with canes were there, either. I do get the point of this maybe as a workshop participation event, but it still looks like a grabbag of styles all thrown together haphazardly.

Pirika Repun

I took his WS and learn first part of this choreography until saidi rhythm part, so he didn't do Khareegi part. Personally I still don't get why he wanted Isis wing for first part. It was really nice choreography, and don't need any prop to add.... I really don't know. I've never study isis wing and I don't think I will never do, so just I like without isis wing is better for this choreography. IMO.

Like Caroline said
or think that this is what you have to do because that is what everyone wants and it sells.
Which I feel for this using all prop thing. I think Tito is better SOLO than group, because I guess he feels the music and some part he start improv. his choreography, and I could see other dancers looked at him and confused. :lol:

Aniseteph

:think:... I think it's all an exercise in getting lots of dancers into the routine - makes perfect sense if this was done as a chance for the organiser's students to perform with him at their event. Not everyone can do the whole choreography so some dancers are only doing a short section, and they are working with what they have to try and keep it varied, hence props and different costumes.

I can hear why the cane dancers are there, the other "extras" not so much.

nany rodriguez

Yeah, I don't get the Khaleegi hair toss either, or the inclusion of dancers in thobes -- doesn't seem to fit with the music. I didn't really understand why the dancers with canes were there, either. I do get the point of this maybe as a workshop participation event, but it still looks like a grabbag of styles all thrown together haphazardly.

That was really the point, to include some of the girls that have attended the workshop, the organizers also had invited many girls for a casting to dance on stage with Tito. I think that is why they had to include all of them . Although I also agree that there were to many people on the stage, the isis wing would have looked better with another dress (without those huge sleeves) and the halighi part with another piece of music. I think it was a mistake to mix all together