Ladies and gentlemen , Please enjoy the coin trick

Aisha Azar

Coin trick

Dear Dipali,
I like YOU very much, but I'm sorry,I would rather watch a real belly dancer than a coin trick any day. I feel the same way about all the other "tricks" people play and then call themselves belly dancers. There was a "belly dancer" who went on the Late Show or something and could put the buns on a hamburger , dressed, of course in a "belly dance" outfit... that was the same trick on a different day. Ho-hum. Why, WHy WHY do people insist on doing such things in the name of belly dance?
Regards,
A'isha

Dev

Dear Aisha , I am never good with all the smiley,(I try my best to put them in the appropriate places) and people seem to get confused with my humour. I usually say things with a straight face, intentionally .I am very much aware thats not a bellydance, And its just another trick. Probably a cheap trick. I have searched Indian - Belly - dancer, That clip came up.
and this one YouTube - The Gregster in Delhi Belly Dancer
the hamburger bit cracked me up:shok:

Regards

Last edited:

Aisha Azar

Tricks, etc.

Dear Aisha , I am never good with all the smiley,(I try my best to put them in the appropriate places) and people seem to get confused with my humour. I usually say things with a straight face, intentionally .I am very much aware thats not a bellydance, And its just another trick. Probably a cheap trick. I have searched Indian - Belly - dancer, That clip came up.
and this one YouTube - The Gregster in Delhi Belly Dancer
the hamburger bit cracked me up:shok:

Regards

Dear Dipali,
I said what I said for the benefit of those who think rolling coins on one's belly is difficult, or part of belly dance, of which it is neither.( Although, I can no longer do it because I am so darn fat!!) There are those who believe it is part of belly dance and I just wanted to be sure to clear up an misconceptions!! If Miss All Beef Patty had only done her Stupid Human Trick with the hamburger in a bikini or some other costume, I would have found it much more amusing....
Regards,
A'isha

Kharmine

It's an old amusing schtick, Dipali, and, IMHO, no more offensive than dancing with a candelabra on the head!

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
There was a "belly dancer" who went on the Late Show or something and could put the buns on a hamburger , dressed, of course in a "belly dance" outfit...
I'm hitting myself on the head because I cannot recall who this was - but I *do* know that she is a well known, accomplished dancer in her own right.

I *do* hear what you're saying, as you know I "go on" about male dancers who can't dance and depend on "stupid male tricks" to carry their show, blah, blah, blah.

This said, an occasional "parlour trick" by a truly accomplished dancer *can* add a lot to the show - IF its not over done.

A good example of this is what Adore' did on the BDSS in Paris DVD. For those not familiar, she's on the floor next to a previously discarded veil which she clutches with her toes and does a backflip from her seated floor position to a standing position with the veil trailing out in a beautiful arc. Its like WOW.

BUT...

She then proceeds to do several more (veil less) flips, forward and back; which ruins the whole effect as far as I'm concerned. A parlour trick should be done ONCE, and ONLY once.

Never fill the show with parlour tricks!

Aisha Azar

Parlor tricks

I'm hitting myself on the head because I cannot recall who this was - but I *do* know that she is a well known, accomplished dancer in her own right.

I *do* hear what you're saying, as you know I "go on" about male dancers who can't dance and depend on "stupid male tricks" to carry their show, blah, blah, blah.

This said, an occasional "parlour trick" by a truly accomplished dancer *can* add a lot to the show - IF its not over done.

A good example of this is what Adore' did on the BDSS in Paris DVD. For those not familiar, she's on the floor next to a previously discarded veil which she clutches with her toes and does a backflip from her seated floor position to a standing position with the veil trailing out in a beautiful arc. Its like WOW.

BUT...

She then proceeds to do several more (veil less) flips, forward and back; which ruins the whole effect as far as I'm concerned. A parlour trick should be done ONCE, and ONLY once.

Never fill the show with parlour tricks!

Dear Zorba,
It was Habib who did the burger thing. She used to live up here in the Northwest, but I think she moved to Arizona.
Regards,
A'isha

BellyDance Girl

I just tried to view it and it said it was no longer available. The first time I ever hear of the 'coin trick' was on Shira.net. Still haven't seen it though, but I do have an idea with the way it was described. It is still hard to imagine how one could smoothly do it as part of a dance. I have to admit curiosity gets the best of me.