Modern Style Costumes & Fusion Dancing Styles

Amulya

Modern Egyptian costumes are often used by dancers who are not strictly Egyptian in style. I am thinking about Russian dancers for example. But their style is still cabaret so in my opinion those costumes still suit their dancing. This counts as well for other cabaret dancers who don't strictly stick with pure Egyptian style.
But in my opinion they can't be used for fusion styles that are 'very fusion' (think tribal fusion, yuk, that would be bad LOL). Even tribaret would not work in my opinion.
I'd really love to own a modern cossie, but I'd have to stick to Egyptian, which I don't use very often.
I have 2 unfinished projects that will be bra and skirt sets, but they will be in a design that will still fit tribaret.

I love to hear opinions! Where is the line that should not be crossed in your opinion? What about classic Egyptian style? I prefer to see that with vintage style Egyptian costumes.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I like the vintage costumes for any classic/traditional style BD but the modern styles also are fine - suit the classic/trad styles.

Fusion styles somehow to me wouldn't look right with the modern or vintage costumes. It is probably all in my head, because you become 'tuned' to what is worn with the various styles.
~Mosaic

Amulya

Fusion styles somehow to me wouldn't look right with the modern or vintage costumes. It is probably all in my head, because you become 'tuned' to what is worn with the various styles.
~Mosaic

I have the same thing and I have never seen real fusion style in such a costume.