My first video. Raqs sharki.

Maria_Aya

Love the way you use the stage, the different views of the dance, and the shabby feeling you had at sometimes.
Bravo !!

Maria Aya:D

Safran

Khaira, I hope I have already told you in person how much I enjoy that specific dance of yours. So :clap::clap::clap: I love it as it is a bit different, but very expressive.

Maria, to me that piece of music actually has a Greek sound to it... Am I just imagining it or...?

Maria_Aya

Maria, to me that piece of music actually has a Greek sound to it... Am I just imagining it or...?

at the begining of the song mostly, after not. But its not greek its that many greek songs have similarities in the music stracture as the arab songs and they are using also same maqams.

Maria Aya:)

janaki

Hi Khaira,

:clap::clap::clap:

Good dancing!! You are very elegant!!! Would like to ask you what is the name of the music and where is it from?? It doesn't sound egyptian to me. Since Taheya mentioned it has egyptian feel to it, I am curious to know and learn. Tks for shairng the lovely clip with us!!!

Cheers
Janaki

Khaira

Thanks, I'm very happy you liked my clip!

The music is by George Abdo "Una le Alaykee" from the album The Magic of Bellydance.

Kharmine

Thanks, I'm very happy you liked my clip!

The music is by George Abdo "Una le Alaykee" from the album The Magic of Bellydance.

The late George Abdo is one of my favorite old-time musicians! He was among the handful of Arab-Americans such as Eddie "the Sheik" Kochak and Freddy Elias who helped in the transition from rare performances by a a few imported ME/Turkish/Greek/Armenian dancers in the ethnic nightclubs of the East Coast to the surge in American-style belly dancing all over the United States in the 1960s and '70s.

Abdo was an example of the excellent ethnic-inspired musicianship and style that made it possible for American belly dancers to learn and compete with their foreign-born sisters, whether in one of the ME/Turkish/Greek styles or the American Oriental/Cabaret/Restaurant/Nightclub style.

Nice choice!