Net/Crocheted Hip Scarf?

Shanazel

Trang, do you have permission to post these instructions from the designer? If not, we may have a copyright problem here. I design needlework and coming up with decent diagrams takes longer than anything I do- I'd be pretty pushed out of shape to see them online without permission. Sometimes people don't understand that instructions for patterns are just like any other copyrighted item- permission for other than personal use is needed. ;)

trang1808

to Shanazel:

The shawl I post does not have chart/pattern instruction. I use the image to example for hipscarf I will do.

one piece I said is only Solomon's knot which is crochet stitch. That chart is one of many uses of this stitch and I use this stitch in my hipscarf making.:( you will search this stitch on internet.:) therefore, there are many ways to make triangle scarf with simple stitch. I think it myself. ;)

If my posting violates copyright, we will edit it to suit. I do not have camera to guide in step and I just give my idea to do this scarf and we can use it as hipscarf in belly dance.

thank you for your advice. I do not intend to break rule;)

Many thanks

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I think if the instructions are on the web they are there for anyone to use, I see Trang has put a link to the yarn, I don't think it is a copyright issue.

As she has said she is using her own personal pattern just using pic for demo purpose.

Maybe to save a hassle just put a link to the pics so anyone who wants to use the instruction pics can go to the website.

Isn't instructions/pics on an open website like inserting youtube vids into the forum??? I think suggesting violation of copyright is a wee bit harsh:D
~Mosaic

Reen.Blom

I think if the instructions are on the web they are there for anyone to use, I see Trang has put a link to the yarn, I don't think it is a copyright issue.

As she has said she is using her own personal pattern just using pic for demo purpose.

Maybe to save a hassle just put a link to the pics so anyone who wants to use the instruction pics can go to the website.

Isn't instructions/pics on an open website like inserting youtube vids into the forum??? I think suggesting violation of copyright is a wee bit harsh:D
~Mosaic

The instructions look rather generic, it is not like some inticate design... what is more the copyright laws are different in different countries... lol THAT makes it an issue.:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks Trang for posting it, it actually gave me an idea of what to try with my yarn!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Shanazel

If the design is yours, Trang, there's not a problem and good on you for coming up with it. It is lovely.

Mosaic, the concern re: copyright infringement was not meant to be harsh, just realistic. Some sites allow the use of material elsewhere as long as the originator is credited, as Trang did here, and no money changes hands for the use of the material. I have also seen instances where site owners heartily objected to the use of their material elsewhere when they have not given specific permission for its use. To avoid all problems, a link to online instructions is better than reproduction of those instructions on another website.

PracticalDancer

The funny thing to do for those with a youtube account, is to thank JohnJayRambo for his instruction from a bunch of bellydancers, let his mind boggle at that. Or better still, ask him to do an instruction to incorporate sequins.

And, then try to explain tribal to him! :lol:

I had forgotten about this thread until it got bumped. And, I had forgotten that I had tried out his technique. Below are pics of my attempt. The scarf base is what was left of a velvet tunic after I cropped it into a choli. The yarn came from a dollar store; but, I loved the colors! I have not yet embellished it -- still muddling through how I wanted the final product to look. I used similar principles to dear Mr. Rambo -- took a strand of yarn that was 2X + 2" the length I wanted, knotted it at the center, then attached evenly around the base. Repeated around the base of the scarf. From there, I simply brought the neighboring strands together to make little triangles, then repeat to make little diamonds, etc. Took only about 30 minutes and was easy! The photos of the scarf are from the center back, for reference, as I left it open in the front for ease of movement. Now, must figure out what to wear under it . . .:think:

Regards,

Anala

feedyoureye

took a strand of yarn that was 2X + 2" the length I wanted, knotted it at the center, then attached evenly around the base. Repeated around the base of the scarf. From there, I simply brought the neighboring strands together to make little triangles, then repeat to make little diamonds, etc.
Anala

Great idea for an easy layer!
I'm thinking leather thongs and coins....

GypsyStacey

the over skirt i'm wearing in my pics is a net type thing with gold beads & i don't find it heavy at all. i love that thing. it cost me $40, BUT it falls to my mid calf & i'm 5'9" so it's pretty long.