Query on a dance top

Hi all,

Sorry I hope I am posting in the right section as I am new here.

I am looking for a black halter neck top with gold coins with a 42 E chest size.
I am living in Ireland and a student with not a lot of cash to spare. But I would like it to go with what I have of an outfit at the minute. Any places I have checked so far only have the bra tops but I would much rather a halter kneck top that will cover my tummy and have a back to it thats not strings. As I said i am a plus size girl and would rather keep some bits covered until I lose some weight.

Many Thanks in advance,

Alison.

AliX

Could you buy a basic top from Primark or something and canibalise it with your own handiwork?

From what I've seen on this forum, are quite happy to take a shop-bought item and totally transform it with their own creative efforts with material, stitching, beading and trim.

Sounds like a fun project for the long dark winter nights?

AX

One thing I have never been good at is DIY. I have been looking everywhere to get a Gold Coin Black or Red Halter Neck Top. I have not even been able to find a plain halter top in any of the shops. I am having problems finding the right size also because I am a size 42 chest, if anyone can help me out on this I would very much appricate it.

Alli:(

Ahimsa

Hi Dragon_Photography,

I just had a look on ebay and couldn't see anything.

Have you thought about using a type of leotard to cover your tummy which you could still use a coin bra or something on top? You can get mesh, sparkly or something less sheer for a leotard and would be easier to find better fit.

I think that the leotards covering the tummy can look more flattering, you still see detailed core work as you dance and it's actually more traditional to wear a 'body stocking', as may ME dancers cannot expose their midriffs 'naked'.

Hi Shara,

Thanks for that advice I will look into it, although no one in the class wears anything like that all tummys are exposed from the little flat tummys to people that are size 22-24 in the class.
I wont be looking at taking the dancing any further than the class and we all dress up for the class easier to get into charater and enjoy it much more.

Thanks,

Alison.

AliX

How about Bravissimo? All tops geared towards us more 'generously' proportioned gals. Have inbuilt bras - it's expensive, but here's one

Ali x

Mosaic

Super Moderator
I use a body stocking (sometimes a nude -light tan or black depending on the colour of the costume I am wearing) all the time when wearing a 2 piece costume, but I am a dress fan ( with power net tummy area generally) but in class we all usually wear strappy T/shirt style tops or Tshirts which have a lycra component, often with some sparklies on them for fun. We all have our own studio logo'd tops which a blingy and we love those. Some girls wear a crop top with a fish net over top. Ebay was selling the fishnet tops at one stage. I know that you seek a halter neck style type, but I can't wear anything pulling on my neck, I get a terrible headache with halter neck tops so can't help you there.

Maybe something like the pic on ebay ( link below) with a decorated bra /crop top/ halter top underneath or even over the top?

SEXY BABY PINK FISH NET TIGHT MINI CROP VEST TANK TOP - eBay, T-Shirts Tops, Women's Clothing, Clothes, Shoes Accessories. (end time 10-Jan-10 00:57:37 AEDST)

lip service purple fish net tank top size XS - eBay, Shirts, Tops, Women's Clothing, Clothing, Shoes Accessories. (end time 15-Jan-10 07:22:37 AEDST)

UV YELLOW NEON MESH NET TOP CLUBBING PARTY DANCE PUNK - eBay, Skirts, Women's Clothing, Clothes, Shoes Accessories. (end time 18-Jan-10 13:07:54 AEDST)

Here is a crop top style that could be word over the top of a net top
Gothic-Bellydance-Tribal-Fusion-Dance-Bauchtanz-Top - eBay Bauchtanz, Tanzen, Weitere Sportarten, Sport. (end time 20-Jan-10 09:18:51 AEDST)

Shiny RED Lycra Dance Exercise Crop Top 2029 XXL 24 26 - eBay Tops, Shirts, Dancewear, Women's Clothing, Clothing, Shoes Accessories. (end time 13-Jan-10 22:59:14 AEDST)
~Mosaic

Last edited:
I quite like the tank top. Halter neck tops suit me better than string tops and I dont feel comfy wearing a bra only at the minute. I'm not that comfy with my body. I have gone down one dress size in the past few months so still working on it.

I am guessing there would not be many tank tops with coins on them abt so I guess I am wondering where I would get both gold and silver coins that I could get put onto a tank top that would not be to expensive.

I found some on ebay but when I went to buy them the cost of the delivery to Dublin was over 30euro and I am not able to afford that. Any ideas would be great.

Thanks,

Alison:dance:

adiemus

In our classes, almost no-one wears tops that bare the belly! T-shirts and yoga pants are more usual...
You can pick up gold coins quite cheaply here in NZ on Trademe (here for example)
These are really inexpensive, so I'm sure there will be others in the UK.

Aniseteph

I don't think I've seen many long halter tops with coins. I guess the thinking runs Coins = Bellydance = Bare Midriff. :(

Also with halters or thin straps, unless you are doing the layered look you can't hide a bra under it, so it's not much use for dancing in.

You could wear an ordinary top with midriff coverage and drape a coined hipscarf over the top in a halter style like this.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
What about a top like this. Maybe some of the UK girls can tell you where BD stuff is sold in the UK and you could email them about such a top or any other styles you like.

The top below is on ebay but the seller is selling them in bulk. But you could also email the seller about just one. Many of them are happy to see a single top and you can ask for the postage cost as well so you know if you can afford it.
~Mosaic

adiemus

That's quite pretty! Except I don't like coins - I'd see if there was a way to use paillettes! Starts me thinking though.... now what have I got hidden away amongst my fabric?!

Azeeza

What about a top like this. Maybe some of the UK girls can tell you where BD stuff is sold in the UK and you could email them about such a top or any other styles you like.

The top below is on ebay but the seller is selling them in bulk. But you could also email the seller about just one. Many of them are happy to see a single top and you can ask for the postage cost as well so you know if you can afford it.
~Mosaic

That's cute.

Azeeza

What I am mainly looking for is a halter neck or tank top with coins on them.
I have seen a few on different sites but I have not been able to find one in my size. I have a 42" chest and I have only been able to find them up to a 34-36" chest.
Pref in red or black.
thanks
Alison

Windy

Hey, may be you can find style you like on the website, then ask them to make the size for you if it is possilbe. We supply dancewear and dance shoes in China. We get many styles of dancing tops but without coins.
Anyway, hope can you find it.