Question about body stockings...

Zahrah

Does anyone have any experience with any type of body stocking that was NOT specifically made for belly dance? I have own a nude and a black Sugarpetals and am satisfied. However....

I stumbled across a website that has 45 colors of body stockings - and they're $10 each!! I'm considering ordering one just to give it a go.

These do have the feet in them though.....:(

Thoughts? Suggestions?

charity

i "found" some body stockings for even cheaper on clearance at hussy.com.

they are crotchless, lmao. dont know if they are still on sale. i know longer have a computer, and am embarrassed to check at the library.

addition:
the link is not correct. it was bookmarked on my home comp, but i'm sure if you do a search you can find a link. but i do believe the only colors are black/nude. end of edit.

Last edited:

Suhad

Actually, I think the crotchless ones are much better to wear -- you don't have to unpin everything and take it all off in order to use the bathroom. However, you DO need to wear the underwear on the outside of the body stocking in order to get the advantage! :)

Thanks for the link, I plan to order some of these in several colors!

I wore a body stocking with my new green costume last weekend, and I was pulling the skirt up the entire set...fishnet is much better, it isn't slippery. And they're so cheap that I can even wear one when I'm doing sword and not worry if I get a run in the stocking from putting it on my stomach or hips. You can't do any body work with sword if you're wearing a body stocking, it just slides off.

Zahrah

it's welovecolors.com

You click on Women under Products, then Fishnet Bodywear. You'll see the Fishnet Bodystocking.

I too prefer the crotchless - which these are. I just have to figure out how to remove the foot at the ankle and add something sparkly to replicate a slave anklet.

I know these aren't going to be made out of Power Net but I like the coverage these offer. I like making any costume 'look' like a dress.

I read somewhere that you can wear these backwards for bellydancing in. In general the top of the back is lower than the top of the front, so it's easier to keep under your bustline.

As an alternative (and a little more work) I was thinking about ordering the white ones from lingerie4wholesales.com. You have to order 6 at a time of this particular style (LA-8670) but they're only $3 each. 6 for $18. Then I could dye them any color.

Last edited: