Request for advice

HananSamar

Hello, can any native speaker tell me what "sukkar banat" means? I know there is a movie with that name. It's translated with "caramel", is that right.
I ask because I search for a name for our Trio. First I chose Dalaa el banat, but then I found out that another group already took this name. So I thought about "sukkar banat".

Regards Hanan

masrawy

Hello, can any native speaker tell me what "sukkar banat" means? I know there is a movie with that name. It's translated with "caramel", is that right.
I ask because I search for a name for our Trio. First I chose Dalaa el banat, but then I found out that another group already took this name. So I thought about "sukkar banat".

Regards Hanan

Hello Hanan,
"sukkar banat" it's "sugar girl" but it could be translated as hard candy not " Caramel ". I guess it would be okay to use if you like the sound of it. There is also " Gazl el banat " it will translate to cotton candy I don't know if it is used by another group. I hope that will help
Regards~Mahmoud

masrawy

Thank you very much. What does Sugar girls mean then? Sukkar el banat?

Regards Hanan

Soukkar el banat is sugar girls also hard candy it's the kind we used to buy when your kids it's like Crystal with the thread goes in the middle.