Saida drum solo and the motorcycle

Greek Bonfire

I have always really liked Saida - very dynamic and energetic. I would have to call this act something like "Saida Carnivale" because it's pretty vamped up and more cutting edge, especially with her costume and exit. But that drummer was fantastic! Very entertaining.

Imeera

Wow. She is amazing, very strong stage presence. I agree with Greek Bonfire, very "Saida Carnivale" I did not expect the motorbike :lol: I loved the drummers too. I like that they had a solo you don't normally get to see them perform on their own during belly dance, or from what I have seen =]

~Diana~

AFK Moderator
I'm assuming this is a clip from Bombay Bellywood show from bellydance supperstars? If it is I don't recongize this dance as it wasn't in the show I saw.

MissVega

Cheart - No I think Bellywood is a show put on in Argentina. Saida as far as I know no longer tours with the bellydance superstars.

Also the drummer is Matias Hazrum. He is awesome!!!

She has been one my biggest inspirations. I absolutely adore her dancing. Its one of the highlights of my dance life thus far having met her, taken 2 of her workshops and receiving feedback from her in the competition.
She is so humble and sweet and tiny lol but she just owns a stage and is so natural in her presence. There is a natural joy and freedom in her dancing.

I was thinking of getting rosetta stone to learn spanish so I could one day go to argentina for like 2 weeks to learn from her. Hah I wish :pray:

Thanks for Sharing Charliel:)

charlieL

Cheart - No I think Bellywood is a show put on in Argentina. Saida as far as I know no longer tours with the bellydance superstars.

Also the drummer is Matias Hazrum. He is awesome!!!

She has been one my biggest inspirations. I absolutely adore her dancing. Its one of the highlights of my dance life thus far having met her, taken 2 of her workshops and receiving feedback from her in the competition.
She is so humble and sweet and tiny lol but she just owns a stage and is so natural in her presence. There is a natural joy and freedom in her dancing.

I was thinking of getting rosetta stone to learn spanish so I could one day go to argentina for like 2 weeks to learn from her. Hah I wish :pray:

Thanks for Sharing Charliel:)

Yu`re welcome Miss Vega. Saida`s husband( the father or her son, i`m not sure if they are married) is also a dancer, not a male belly dancer but there are some videos of them dancing together. What i see is that most Argentine belly dancers has the Saida`s style as most of them came from Saida`s belly dance school she has in Buenos Aires.

You`re right, she`s not longer a member of BDSS. My mother tongue is Spanish, as a speaker i can easily distinguish most of the accent from all Latin American countries and believe me i love Saida`s Argentine accent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Greek Bonfire

Her "accent" is also quite visible in her dancing. Argentinians have their own distinct style that is very flamboyant and dramatic, but never dull. Saida is one of the best bellydancers I have ever seen, probably in my own top five favorites. And I agree, it was great to see the drummer have his own solo as well.