Stolen: look out for this costume!

lizaj

Oranit

One of this talented designers costumes was stolen at Raqs B. It iS unique so it should be difficult for the thief to utilize their crime in the community. On the link to her website look at the 2010 ollection and it comes up third. It's dark blue.
There is also a facebook campaign kick-strted by Taste of Cairo. I can get link for that for those of you who can follow that.Taste of Cairo's Photos - Wall Photos | Facebook

Eyes peeled and call for the peelers...

Last edited by a moderator:

Aniseteph

It iS unique so it should be difficult for the thief to utilize their crime in the community.

Quite. I can't see what they hope to get out of this shameful behaviour.

Eyes peeled on the interwebs...

Mosaic

Super Moderator
How awful! How can anyone do that! I sure hope it is found and the perp dealt with.
~Mosaic

Farasha Hanem

Well, that's depressing. Hope it turns up as accidently packed in the wrong dance bag or something.

Very good point. One time in class, another girl and I got our look-alike gold veils mixed up with each other! We realized our mistake and veils ended up with their proper owners. :cool:

MissVega

That is very unfortunate. Hope it is returned in it's original condition.:(

Why would someone steal a unique costume though? It looks like one of a kind, so it's not like you could ever wear it...

I wonder if someone know will use such an idea as a publicity stunt...

Why can't people just be honest and noble:(

Here is hoping the costume finds it way back to the designer. Fingers crossed:)

Amulya

I edited the title a little bit, I read "stolen look" :lol:, thought maybe I might not be the only one ready it wrongly:)

Reen.Blom

I bet they stole it to sell to some unsuspecting victim, lik on ebay or smth.... and it is not to say it was a lady who did it.

Would be terrible to buy it and then someone runs up to you shouting YOU STOLE THIS COSTUME!

lizaj

I edited the title a little bit, I read "stolen look" :lol:, thought maybe I might not be the only one ready it wrongly:)

Glad I am not the only pedant around.;)

I bet they stole it to sell to some unsuspecting victim, lik on ebay or smth.... and it is not to say it was a lady who did it.

Would be terrible to buy it and then someone runs up to you shouting YOU STOLE THIS COSTUME!

This is why it's being publicised..in the hopes it found when worn or up for sale asap. As far as I know, in the UK, buying stolen goods is also an offence so scary!

I don't think this was a dressing room mistake .

Last edited by a moderator:

Reen.Blom

Well when you buy one online you would not know would you?

Especially if it is sold overseas.... to Spain or Russia.... dont think anyone will wear it around the area where it was stolen.... very sad...

lizaj

Well when you buy one online you would not know would you?

Especially if it is sold overseas.... to Spain or Russia.... dont think anyone will wear it around the area where it was stolen.... very sad...

Ignorance is no defence in law I believe.
I can't see anyone having the nerve to put this up on eBay. By the way, it is just the body been stolen. I suppose the theif thought they could disguise it with a skirt of their own but hey ho that's distinctive body

Daimona

Ignorance is no defence in law I believe.
I can't see anyone having the nerve to put this up on eBay. By the way, it is just the body been stolen. I suppose the theif thought they could disguise it with a skirt of their own but hey ho that's distinctive body

:think: Then we ought to look for it among gymnasts and figure skaters as well..