The better costume storage ideas, please

Amulya

I have been thinking since someone posted about the belly dancer who rescued her costumes from the floods: should I keep my costumes in something ready to grab? But in what?

They are in plastic containers on wheels, but those are flat and quite unpractical to grab. My skirts with some bra's I have all hanging in wardrobes.

Any other ideas? It's not only handy for rescuing cossies, but also for unpredicted gigs: grab & go :D

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Do the plastic containers have clamp down lids? I think they are a good idea, but for grab & go, each costume in its own storage bag inside a drag along suitcase, you can grab, drag and go, with the extendible handle the suitcase tips up on its wheels and makes it easy to pull along:D Have 2 of them, one ready to throw some everyday clothes into along with any important documents/ photos etc, then you have one for each hand.
~Mosaic

Amulya

They are indeed those ones. But yes the drag along suitcase idea is the best I think. I should do that. I have a flood plan: everything goes upstairs. Apparently for where I live the warning comes beforehand, not last minute. But I still want to think of a system for last minute as well.

The good thing is that I don't have that many costumes and some of them can even be rolled up and thrown into something LOL.