Weekly or monthly lessons?

Greek Bonfire

Weekly or monthly??? Geeeeee... how about... daily!? :lol:

Regular practice is the only way to get good at something. The more often you do it, the better. Weekly classes are already not enough. Unfortunately, it is as much as a lot of teachers can offer and as much as a lot of students can afford.

Daily practice is a must no matter how you take lessons. Before I was on medical leave, I used to practice everyday. Now that I am well again, I have started practicing everyday again and I can see that by not being able to practice before, that I got rusty. I didn't necessarily lose it because, thank God, it's like riding a bicycle and it comes back.

But I remember some classes where students would only dance in the class and then we all had to slow down and wait for these people to catch up. I used to grind my teeth in frustration - but that's what you have to put up with in a group. A monthly private class, however, even for just an hour, you can get an awful lot, probably almost as much as a four hour group workshop.

Mariyam

Thanks everyone for the great advice :dance:

I've ordered some DVDs to help with daily practice. I don't have much free time during the week, but I figured that if I can squeeze at least 30 minutes to work on a particular technique, or just rehearse what we learned in class, it was better than nothing at all. I know, I should probably aim at way more than 30 minutes... but I need to start somewhere, and I'll see if I can free more time somehow!

Yame

30 min everyday is actually quite decent practice, as long as you have a few days in there where you do more than that.