whats your favourite move?

nightdancer

Pestles are like cursive E's. If you are moving to the right, step out with your right foot, bringing your butt and hips to the right, bring your feet together and...Oh never mind, I am going to go draw a picture, ya'll cant laugh ;)

X is left, O is right, step, swing, together, step, touch. You'll see it in the picture.

adiemus

**not laughing, not laughing** wonderful drawing - but ya needed the drawing to understand the words!!:lol::dance:
Thanks for doing this!!

charity

oh we do "pestles" too with a sweeping arm move that moves in opposite direction of the body.

we just call them circle e's.

there are moves we dont actually have names for but sound cues.

its funny how for each particular class 'dah dah dah, bump, 1-2-3 shoulder shoulder step step turn' means something totally different. it means nothing but in the same class we all know what our teacher means when we are running through a choreography.

Safran

Thanks, nightdancer! Your drawing is pretty good, I can almost figure out what it is without standing up and trying it out :lol:

I also checked out what the word pestle means in real life, it makes a lot of sense now!

Motherof2

I like the moroccan shimmy, saidi walk, and hagallah walk (sorry if I spelled these wrong). Sometimes I hate what I'm working on, then when I 'get it' I decide that I love that move - human nature and all.

I really like learning new combinations.

Reen.Blom

Combinations... yah this is my main problem! I am fine with moves but to put it all together- everything just falls apart!

slinks

I love combinations and am working with several combo DVDs at the moment,

Both of Keti's A-Z
Keti's Astrobelly
Ansuya Hot Combinations
Suhaila's, Jamila Salimpour's Hipwork and Taqseem
I do one of them every day :) but this may only last a week and I'll be onto something else !!

janaki

My favourite moves right now are the Randa's combos I have learned in her workshop.

1. Mayas (with accent on the drop_

2. Walking maya

3. Pirouettes

4. Some of her travel steps. The best I have seen so far.

Kiraze

At the moment I love upper body circles and figure 8s and I am so sad that those movements do not really belong to Egyptian dance vocabulary to be fully utilized (I am studying currently with purely Egyptian style teacher)... well, I guess I just need to practice myself more Turkish and Fusion styles where I can really use upper body more

slinks

At the moment I love upper body circles and figure 8s and I am so sad that those movements do not really belong to Egyptian dance vocabulary to be fully utilized (I am studying currently with purely Egyptian style teacher)... well, I guess I just need to practice myself more Turkish and Fusion styles where I can really use upper body more

This is the very reason I am American Cabaret !! I get to use every thing :dance: :lol: